• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The France Thread

Salamuddin

International Debutant
<sigh>....ok I was waiting for someone to start one for the home team but I guess I'm the only French supporter here :laugh:

Allez Les Bleus . Hopefully they can be inspired to great heights by Didier Decshamps band of merry men who defied all expectations to win the World Cup in that glorious summer of 1998.

And Michalak rocks !!!!

springbox suck

Cricket Spectator
france

<sigh>....ok I was waiting for someone to start one for the home team but I guess I'm the only French supporter here :laugh:

Allez Les Bleus . Hopefully they can be inspired to great heights by Didier Decshamps band of merry men who defied all expectations to win the World Cup in that glorious summer of 1998.

And Michalak rocks !!!!
If France can beat england i would not be surprised if they won

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Can any one tell me what Bernard Laporte is on about , accusing ABs of being Drug cheats ? WTF is wrong with him ? I would compulsorily and repeatedly test all the French on this account alone, because Laporte is IMO covering their own cheating , I suspect by accusing others ...:@

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can any one tell me what Bernard Laporte is on about , accusing ABs of being Drug cheats ? WTF is wrong with him ? I would compulsorily and repeatedly test all the French on this account alone, because Laporte is IMO covering their own cheating , I suspect by accusing others ...:@
He didn't just single NZ out, the named Oz & ourselves too. He seems to have gone down the traditional "I was misquoted, guv" defence route. From Thursday's Telegraph.

He's always been a bit of a "maverick" (read "tool") tho; I'd actually doubt he's ever named the same XV twice in a row in 70-odd tests. I've always been of the opinion France have done whatever they've done in spite of rather than because of him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Reasons not to support France - Number 527. Just Putting it out there...

Lazy journalist could have done better than just ripping off the book he references and an article from sang-et-or.net a while back, though.
Rarely need much of an excuse not to root for the Frence 'cos, well them being French & all, but always reckon that's a bit of a rough beat up. I'm sure Vichy gutted league (or Rugby a treize or whatever they call it), but it did recover post war over there. IIRC they were the main movers behind the initial league world cup &, until the 2005 Tri-Nations, were the last country to have beaten the Kangeroos in a test series.