• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the tournament?

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Past winners:

1987 - Michael Jones (flanker)
1991 - David Campese (winger)
1995 - Jonah Lomu (winger)
1999 - Tim Horan (second five)
2003 - Jonny Wilkinson (first five)

My gut feeling -- Daniel Carter.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Carter ought to come right.

I think his current form has a lot to do with the fact that Henry keeps changing the half-back and second five, and the ankle he rolled against France seems to have spooked him a bit.

Fiery

Banned
Carter ought to come right.

I think his current form has a lot to do with the fact that Henry keeps changing the half-back and second five, and the ankle he rolled against France seems to have spooked him a bit.
hope so mate...he's too good to be playing the way he is

BoyBrumby

Englishman
McCaw or Burger would be the most likely for mine, although Chris Latham could be a dark horse as he's now (apparently) playing again in the Oz domestic stuff.

Carter seems to have lost form at the worst possible time.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Latham played some club rugby for Gold Coast (i think) two weeks ago in Queensland. There was talk he might comeback for the last Tri Nations match, if Australia have a chance at the title.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Would be nice if O'Driscoll or one of Irelands second row supremos won it, but it's doubtful.

McCaw for me.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Well, I'd like to say Dan Carter but he seems to have lost it at the worst time. Hopefully he'll come good by the time the world cup comes.

So, for the moment I'm have to either go with Mccaw or Burger.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
If Australia go well Giteau would have a very good chance, as does George Smith. Latham may well find form, but who knows how he will go playing internationals again.

McCaw is a good player but could suffer from the number of penalties hes going to draw. That said i think its about time that another forward won the award and he will certainly be up there.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
If South Africa do well in the world cup Schalk Burger is the one player you'd expect to be up there, since he's featured so prominantly in most good things I've seen the Springboks do this year. Just a colossus on the field.

If New Zealand do well, and they will, then it's McCaw and Carter of course... I'd lean towards McCaw since he's an annoying rash while Carter hasn't been in great form lately.

If Ireland do well I'm leaning towards D'Arcy although I'd mark out big time if O'Driscoll had a big world cup. Two of the best centres in the world!

I can't envision Australia doing well unless Sterling Mortlock is at his commanding best. Just no way I can see Australia doing well without him being awesome... they have class players like Latham and Giteau, but Mortlock'll be the x-factor.

My pick: Schalk Burger

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
If Ireland are to do well i expect Paul O'Connoll or Gordan Darcy to get it.
So one of those for me.