• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the tournament?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Habana probably will end up getting it, but I don't think he has been near to the best player in the tournament. Fourie du Preez and Percival Montgomery have both been better players than him this tournament IMO.

Piper

International Captain
Hernandez... Hernandez.. Hernandez!!!!!!!! If a South African gets it they're dead.. I'm still not sore about last night honest ;)

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Yeah Habana will be a favourite. Depends on the final though I guess. If Jonny hits another winning drop goal, he will win it again maybe?
My feelings aswell.Unless there is a good individual preformance from the likes of Jonny or Montgomery in the final cant see past Habanna.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Wilkinson kicks the winning goal, or an important drop goal in the final, then he'll get it. I don't think he deserves it though, so my vote would be for Habana or du Preez.

simmy

International Regular
If Wilkinson kicks the winning goal, or an important drop goal in the final, then he'll get it. I don't think he deserves it though, so my vote would be for Habana or du Preez.
I agreed with this before the final....

and I agree with it now...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Habana, Du Preez, Matfield, Hernandez...I feel the player of the tournament will be found from that group of players.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Habana had a pretty big game in the final, surely would do his chances no harm.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Victor Matfield for mine - absolutely immense.

Early pick for 2011 - Francois Steyn. Frightening how good that kid could become.