• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Rugby World Cup players

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nick Farr-Jones.

He is one of my sport heroes. I have never been a Lomu's fan. He was an amazing athlete, but I have never considered him a great rugby player. If you gave him the ball, he would score a try after destroying the opposing players. I remember the first try he scored vs England in the 1995 World Cup. He simply crushed into Mike Catt, who fell at the ground...

But was Lomu a good defender? He was hopless when the opponents kicked at him... I have always preferred players like John Kirwan or David Campese.

Then, Nick Farr-Jones is one of my sport heroes, so I vote for him!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lomu steamrollers on into the semis.

2nd Quarter

Michael Jones (New Zealand)

vs

Jonny Wilkinson (England)

The All-Black's princely flanker goes up against England's most reliable left boot and the man who, more than anyone, brought the trophy north of the equator for the first time.

Fiery

Banned
Wilkinson? Come'on people. What the hell are you doing voting him above Jones. Get real. Jones debuted in the 87' WC, scored the opening try, won the cup, played in the 91 WC and scored the 1st try in that one also. Wilkinson kicked a few goals for England.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Wilkinson? Come'on people. What the hell are you doing voting him above Jones. Get real. Jones debuted in the 87' WC, scored the opening try, won the cup, played in the 91 WC and scored the 1st try in that one also. Wilkinson kicked a few goals for England.
Wilkinson won us the World Cup. Yes, we had a good pack, and Robinson, but without Wilkinson, the trophy was Aus... hell, it was anyone apart from our's.