• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All blacks favourites??

trickster

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tis that time of year when the tri-nations is just around the corner, followed by the world cup.

We disposed of the french easily enough, although they were understrength, but, it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

The only downside is that we lost ali williams, and we've already lost a few other locks as well, not good.
Greg rawlinson and ross filipo aren't in the same sort of leauge as the likes of williams, but i'm sure that they'll step up if need be.

So, my pick, for the tri-nations, tough call really, but i think it'll be between the ABs and the springboks.

And i think that the ABs will also be to strong for the rest at the world cup!!

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
The Tri-Nations will be determined on bonus points, I imagine. I expect South Africa to win both its opening games against NZ and Australia, but they don't travel well, so NZ, as usual, is in the best position to win the tournament. The All Blacks might win in South Africa, but it's being played in Durban (IIRC) plus Henry has never been a good coach against South Africa at any level... Melbourne (?) against the Wallabies will be tough, too. The injury toll will probably mount. NZ are in the driver's seat though since they're playing the final two games at home.

trickster

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Gee that was harsh from a staff member steds. You'll notice the guy who started this thread has never returned since the day you wrote that.
:laugh:

No probs, steds reply was tame compared to what happens at other sites i go to..

And after this weekends games the ABs should be stronger favourites..

The saffers beat the aussies, but they were lucky, it was only thanks to steyns drop goals that they got there.

Roll on next weekend...

ABs by 15:cool:

cbuts

International Debutant
The Tri-Nations will be determined on bonus points, I imagine. I expect South Africa to win both its opening games against NZ and Australia, but they don't travel well, so NZ, as usual, is in the best position to win the tournament. The All Blacks might win in South Africa, but it's being played in Durban (IIRC) plus Henry has never been a good coach against South Africa at any level... Melbourne (?) against the Wallabies will be tough, too. The injury toll will probably mount. NZ are in the driver's seat though since they're playing the final two games at home.
out of 8 tests, he has lost 3 to them, all in South Africa, not a bad record

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
out of 8 tests, he has lost 3 to them, all in South Africa, not a bad record
I actually meant *in South Africa*, where he struggled with the Blues, too, but actually, in the 7 All Black Tests he's coached against South Africa, two of the victories came in the final minutes, so he's damn near 2-5 against the Boks.

cbuts

International Debutant
and south africas win last year came in the final minutes - so he is nearly 5-2

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Well obviously New Zeland will be favourites.
But after today i think people will start looking at it as more than a one team competition.

ripper868

International Coach
think it in rugby thread in sports...was about Kiwiw five eighths...everyone was singing praises of carter this carter that, i mentioned how it use to be spencer this or spencer that, and that carter, though awesome will either get injured and disappear or lose form and become a not so prolific player as he has been touted. Just seems to be a cycle with all rugby players :)

Fiery

Banned
think it in rugby thread in sports...was about Kiwiw five eighths...everyone was singing praises of carter this carter that, i mentioned how it use to be spencer this or spencer that, and that carter, though awesome will either get injured and disappear or lose form and become a not so prolific player as he has been touted. Just seems to be a cycle with all rugby players :)
Sounds like you were on the money there mate