• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby World Cup trivia

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, you were right, Fiery. Strangely, the next test after that, he was selected to captain Aussie against NZ in the Bledisloe Cup. Good way to reward violence.

Fiery

Banned
Yep, you were right, Fiery. Strangely, the next test after that, he was selected to captain Aussie against NZ in the Bledisloe Cup. Good way to reward violence.
Oh yeah but some of our legendary skippers were hardly angels on the field, e.g, Pinetree and Fitzy

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Fitzy never got sent off though, while Meads wasn't really what you'd call a legendary skipper - only captained NZ in 4 of his 55 tests. He was a reluctant captain, as he was a better lieutenant, who could dish out the nasty stuff to the opposition and get into the dark arts while the captain remained lilywhite.

Fiery

Banned
Fitzy never got sent off though, while Meads wasn't really what you'd call a legendary skipper - only captained NZ in 4 of his 55 tests. He was a reluctant captain, as he was a better lieutenant, who could dish out the nasty stuff to the opposition and get into the dark arts while the captain remained lilywhite.
He definitely had a dark side. He ended Keith Catchpole's career by wrenching his leg in a ruck like he was breaking a drumstick off a roast chicken...had his hamstring torn free from the bone and severe rupturing of his groin muscles. Great player that Meads was he could be pretty dirty at times

cbuts

International Debutant
He definitely had a dark side. He ended Keith Catchpole's career by wrenching his leg in a ruck like he was breaking a drumstick off a roast chicken...had his hamstring torn free from the bone and severe rupturing of his groin muscles. Great player that Meads was he could be pretty dirty at times
That was rugby though, Meads was no different from anyone else
Ironiclly when he did get sent off, it was undeserved!

At the 2003 world cup how many teams had Kiwi coaches

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
NZ - John Mitchell
Wales - Steve Hansen
Samoa - John Boe
Fiji - Wayne Pivac or Mac MacCallion (I think)
Another team had that Dave guy who coached Tonga in 1999, I believe - or was that in 2003?

cbuts

International Debutant
anyway ill give it to ya voltman, cos im not gonna be ehre later to confirm or anythin

from mem your just missing Italy - Kirwan

Fiery

Banned
Thats not rugby. I'm afraid Meads will be playing the game in hell in the next life.
No, no, no...St. Peter will welcome Colin at the pearly gates and give him a personally guided tour of all things rugby

Last edited:

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Thats not rugby. I'm afraid Meads will be playing the game in hell in the next life.
To Catchpole's credit, he never held a grudge. Neither did Meads, really. When he had his arm intentionally broken on tour in South Africa, he played on. All he cared about was that NZ won the game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm gonna ask another as Fiery seems to have forgotten.

Which players from England's 2003 world cup winning squad were foreign-born?

Bonus point if you can name where they were born.