• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby world cup odds

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Where would a world cup forum be without a betting thread?

The best available odds for the winner courtesy of oddschecker:

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/world-cup/rugby-world-cup-2007/win-market

New Zealand: 1/2
France: 9/1
South Africa: 10/1
Ireland: 16/1
Australia: 20/1
England: 39/1
Wales: 94/1
Argentina: 99/1
Scotland: 679/1
Samoa, Fiji, Italy: 1000/1
Namibia, Romania, Georgia, Portugal, Tonga, Japan, Canada, USA: 5000/1

We won't win it, but we're clearly the value bet there. Some bookies are paying 1/3 odds on a final appearance, which is distinctly within our capabilities. NZ practically unbackable, Ireland are terrible value with their group but France, Oz or SA all decent value for each-way punts.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
SA & Oz the big movers after the SH tests & first round of the tri-nations, whilst pretty much every NH team has drifted out:

New Zealand: 5/11
South Africa: 42/5
France: 12/1
Australia: 18/1
Ireland: 21/1
England: 41/1
Wales, Argentina: 109/1
Scotland: 799/1
Samoa, Fiji, Italy: 1000/1
Namibia, Romania, Georgia, Tonga, Japan, Canada, USA: 5000/1
Portugal: 10,000/1

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Portugal in with a shout then I see.

I'd back either Wales or England with those odds, but it's clear that neither of them stand much of a chance.

ripper868

International Coach
funny thing to say considering you started a thread with that title trickster.

Aus the value bet for mine, are improving, turned in one of the best performances in a long time in yarpie land,i believe last time in europe they came back with a cup...maybe a repeat...god i hope so...i wanna get something back in that cabinent

cbuts

International Debutant
dont think it will change to much. We were always gonna loose a test this year maybe two.

cbuts

International Debutant
we seem to always have one shocker a year - so good to get this one out of the way

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Top Try Scorer Odds

From Oddschecker.

5/1 - Joe Rokocoko
6/1 - Sitivini Sivivatu
9/1 - Doug Howlett
16/1 - Brian Habana
25/1 - Mils Muliaina
33/1 - Isaia Toeava, Christophe Dominici, Luke McAllister, Leon MacDonald
40/1 - Aurelien Rougerie, Vincent Clerc, Cedric Heymans, Lote Tuqiri

Others:

66/1 - Stirling Mortlock
80/1 - Dan Carter, Brian O'Driscoll, Jason Robinson, Chris Latham
100/1 - Shane Williams, Jean De Villiers
125/1 - Josh Lewsey, Mark Cueto, Percy Montgomery, Matt Giteau
150/1 - Gareth Thomas
200/1 - Julian Huxley, Francois Steyn
300/1 - Chris Paterson

7 Kiwis quoted in the first 9, which is no surprised given they're nailed on for 7 games at least, but with the minnows it is a bit of a crap shoot. Josh Lewsey ran in 5 tries v Uruguay last time, as did Latham v Namibia, so it only takes one performance like that to put yourself in contention. If you fancy England to jam the semis there's some decent value on our back 3 who could fill their boots v USA & Tonga.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised to see Dan Carter so low, he'll score a fair few tries.

DDRickyDD

Cricket Spectator
A good bet to win would be Australia, we always give a very good account of ourselves in any sport.

Last edited: