• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby world cup odds

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Habana definitely worth a punt with those odds on try scorer. He looked really good against Samoa today. A tenner on him and you could come away with £160, not bad.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Where would a world cup forum be without a betting thread?

The best available odds for the winner courtesy of oddschecker:

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/world-cup/rugby-world-cup-2007/win-market

New Zealand: 1/2
France: 9/1
South Africa: 10/1
Ireland: 16/1
Australia: 20/1
England: 39/1
Wales: 94/1
Argentina: 99/1
Scotland: 679/1
Samoa, Fiji, Italy: 1000/1
Namibia, Romania, Georgia, Portugal, Tonga, Japan, Canada, USA: 5000/1

We won't win it, but we're clearly the value bet there. Some bookies are paying 1/3 odds on a final appearance, which is distinctly within our capabilities. NZ practically unbackable, Ireland are terrible value with their group but France, Oz or SA all decent value for each-way punts.
Oh how I wish I'd had the courage of my convictions. :dry: