• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Italy Thread

Piper

International Captain
I have a soft spot for Italy. They aren't as bad as people or results suggest. I really hope they do well. They have some world class players playing for them. I think it would be great for rugby if they made it to the quarters and beyond..

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
This year Italy played a good Six Nations, winning for the first time at Murrayfield and defeating Wales in Rome. For the first time, Italy won 2 matches in a season. Pierre Berbizir did a good job. Sadly, he will leave after the World Cup.

What can I say? Italy have the chance to go to the quarterfinals. This year, Italy are lucky because they play in an easy group. If we exclude the All Blacks, the other four teams are not that good.

- Scotland was defeated by Italy at Murrayfield some years ago.
- Romania is weaker than Italy
- Portugal played against Italy last year. Final Score: Italy 83 - Portugal 0.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Italy have some good players. They might not do aswell as against the bigger teams, but the fighting spirit will always be there and IMO there is a shock result for the italians.

Piper

International Captain
Italy have a good defence and have good attacking players. If they were to put that together correctly, I think they could be world beaters. Maybe not this year, but in the future.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Agreed. They definetly have there strong points, but weaknesses in the back line cost them. Forwards to dominate most matches imo.

reptillia

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah in mauro bergamasco and parrise italy have two world class back rows! i think they could definately beat scotland