Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The New Zealand Thread

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    It may be a little early to be talking about this, but it's something that interests me.

Graham Henry's tenure hasn't been without the odd controversy -- the flat backline strategy, selection choices, the rotation and reconditioning policies -- but the team keeps winning, meaning the public's faith in him remains strong. If the All Blacks indeed lose at the World Cup, will the NZ rugby public turn on him?

And if they win, will Henry retire? Will Hansen take his place? Would that work out any better than when Wayne Smith was coach? Personally I'd like to see Henry stay on regardless of the outcome, since we haven't had that type of dynastic coaching since the amateur days. But would he get the axe? Is another four years too much?

And just how long can the All Blacks remain a great side? By my reckoning they've been the best team in the world since they reduced the French to uncontested scrums in November 2004. The average cycle of a great side is three years, which coincides nicely with the Rugby World Cup, but could we stretch it further? Back-to-back World Cups?

School Boy/Girl Captain Stefano's Avatar
    I have a question for you... I have just watched some matches of the All Blacks of the 1980s and early 1990s. The jersey had a white collar, which does not appear in the current jersey.

Is there a reason for this?
    Proud member of the "Twenty20 is Boring Society."

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    I think they did away with it when the sponsor changed from Canterbury to Adidas.

I think Henry will retire after the World Cup and perhaps Hansen might take over.

But if the unlikely scenario of ABs losing World Cup happens it may be the turn of Robbie Dean to take over with a whole sale clearance.

Robbie Dean looks more likely to replace John Connolly as the Wallabies coach going by the noises being made by John O'Neil, but I wouldn't be surprised if John Mitchell becomes Wallabies coach and Deans takes over Western Force.

I cant see Deans getting another shot at the All Blacks. Think it would be more likley someone like Gatland would come in
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information