Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The New Zealand Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    You've proven yourself to be too much of an ignorant tool to see that Thorne is a good player. People like you are the reason I hate the NZ rugby public.

Ignore.
    Perm, how many more times do you have to be warned about these types of posts? You really should know better.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

You've proven yourself to be too much of an ignorant tool to see that Thorne is a good player. People like you are the reason I hate the NZ rugby public.

Ignore.
    Tell me what Rueben Thorne does that is so good?
    People say he is a good tackler - so are you saying Jerry Collins, Troy Flavell cant tackle?

Everything Throne can do Collins, Flavell, Lauaki, Messam, Blackie can do better
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuts View Post
    Tell me what Rueben Thorne does that is so good?
    People say he is a good tackler - so are you saying Jerry Collins, Troy Flavell cant tackle?

Everything Throne can do Collins, Flavell, Lauaki, Messam, Blackie can do better
    Reuben Thorne constantly does the hard work in order for others to benefit, he makes a lot more tackles than an average forward and also cleans out rucks more than almost anything other forward will do during a game. He is a limited option and isn't likely to make a bust through centre field and offload in the tackle so somebody can score a try, but he balances that out with the hard work he puts in, allowing the other forwards to carry the ball more often. Ask any of the players who have played for Canterbury (Marshall, McCaw, Merhtens) and they will tell you how much easier that Thorne makes their job.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Perm, how many more times do you have to be warned about these types of posts? You really should know better.
    I'm of the opinion that Fiery is ignorant, and I state my opinion.

All Blacks World Cup Squad

Richie McCaw (c), Daniel Carter, Jerry Collins, Andrew Ellis, Nick Evans, Carl Hayman, Andrew Hore, Doug Howlett, Chris Jack, Byron Kelleher, Sione Lauaki, Brendon Leonard, Luke McAlister, Leon MacDonald, Chris Masoe, Aaron Mauger, Keven Mealamu, Mils Muliaina, Anton Oliver, Keith Robinson, Josevata Rokocoko, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Conrad Smith, Rodney So'oialo, Reuben Thorne, Neemia Tialata,Isaia Toeava, Ali Williams, Tony Woodcock.

One spot is still up for grabs and if Greg Somerville proves his fitness then he will be in the final 30. Piri Weepu, Rico Gear and Troy Flavell are the big omissions.

Banned
    Reuben Thorne constantly does the hard work in order for others to benefit, he makes a lot more tackles than an average forward and also cleans out rucks more than almost anything other forward will do during a game. He is a limited option and isn't likely to make a bust through centre field and offload in the tackle so somebody can score a try, but he balances that out with the hard work he puts in, allowing the other forwards to carry the ball more often. Ask any of the players who have played for Canterbury (Marshall, McCaw, Merhtens) and they will tell you how much easier that Thorne makes their job.
    He's also been in the team and gone missing in both semi-final losing efforts at the last 2 WC's. The last one v Aus in 2003 was when he was captain and reacted like a rabbit stuck in headlights when the Aussies took the lead. He did not even speak to the players after Mortlock scored that try. He's a coaches favourite because he does as he's told.

Banned
    . Perhaps you can explain yourself young fella?

You know very well that it was the 'tool' part that was the worst of the post. Your continued winding up of Fiery is not on and just because he says something you don't agree with doesn't mean you have to launch an attack on him. And calling someone ignorant because you don't agree with them is nothing more than an ad hominem argument, to put it mildly.

@ Fiery, you shouldn't have gone back and edited the post after I warned Perm. Highly unnecessary and only continues these petty arguments.
    Last edited by pasag; 21-07-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Banned

Richie McCaw (c), Daniel Carter, Jerry Collins, Andrew Ellis, Nick Evans, Carl Hayman, Andrew Hore, Doug Howlett, Chris Jack, Byron Kelleher, Sione Lauaki, Brendon Leonard, Luke McAlister, Leon MacDonald, Chris Masoe, Aaron Mauger, Keven Mealamu, Mils Muliaina, Anton Oliver, Keith Robinson, Josevata Rokocoko, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Conrad Smith, Rodney So'oialo, Reuben Thorne, Neemia Tialata,Isaia Toeava, Ali Williams, Tony Woodcock.

One spot is still up for grabs and if Greg Somerville proves his fitness then he will be in the final 30. Piri Weepu, Rico Gear and Troy Flavell are the big omissions.
    I'm glad Lauaki is in and Weepu is out. A bit tough on Gear and Flavell (who should be in ahead of The Invincible Man) and I probably would have had Gear ahead of Howlett personally. Good squad though

Rico Gear's the best name.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar

Looks a pretty strong team. Glad to see that Leonard is in, while Weepu is out (I don't like Weepu for some reason). Hopefully Somerville can recover to get into the squad.
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    That's rough on Weepu, but Leonard ought to be the All Blacks starting half-back next season.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Is it me or have you only got two scrum-halves in that squad?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Is it me or have you only got two scrum-halves in that squad?
    Byron Kelleher, Brendan Leonard, Andrew Ellis.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Byron Kelleher, Brendan Leonard, Andrew Ellis.
    Missed Ellis. Carry on.

Bit stiff on Weepu, mind as Ellis seemed to have hardly established himself as Canterbury's first-choice 9 ahead of Senio.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information