• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The New Zealand Thread

cbuts

International Debutant
ODriscall and Mortlock is passed it, hasnt done anything for a number of years
as for Fritz he is so hot and cold its not funny

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To even suggest that O'Driscoll and Mortlock are passed it is ridiculous, as Stirling Mortlock has been one of Australia's and the Brumbies finest in recent years, while O'Driscoll holds together the Irish backline. Granted I haven't seen much of Fritz but from what I hear he is much better than Toeava, as is Jaque Fourie.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Compelling arguments. 8-)

Who carved up our midfield last year in an Irish jersey? That's right - O'Driscoll. And who has been the biggest fly in our ointment when playing Australia? Mortlock. And I don't see him being any less difficult to control this year. Toeava has the potential to be very, very good, but his hands and his overexuberance on defence are big sticking points at the moment. It's over-excited cheerleaders like yourself that put pressure on the poor young fella.

cbuts

International Debutant
i would say its people that wont let him forget the mistakes he made as a 19 year old that put the mockers on him.

Dont know what tests you were watching but we werent carved up the middle
Also done know about the first test, but the second had Laulala at centre. Lets be honest, my Grandmother could carve up Laulala

cbuts

International Debutant
To even suggest that O'Driscoll and Mortlock are passed it is ridiculous, as Stirling Mortlock has been one of Australia's and the Brumbies finest in recent years, while O'Driscoll holds together the Irish backline. Granted I haven't seen much of Fritz but from what I hear he is much better than Toeava, as is Jaque Fourie.
Id like to find out just how many games Mortlock ahs actually played for these teams over the last couple of years. Hed be close to missing more than he has played

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Totally agree!!!

Perm

Id like to find out just how many games Mortlock ahs actually played for these teams over the last couple of years. Hed be close to missing more than he has played
Injuries have nothing to do with it, he's played more than enough games for both Australia and the Brumbies in the last few seasons to show how classy he is.

cbuts

International Debutant
Personally the only international player i would bring into the Top XV for the All Blacks would be Gregan.
Also with the current locking injuries, Matfield and the irish guy Kay is it?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Personally the only international player i would bring into the Top XV for the All Blacks would be Gregan.
Also with the current locking injuries, Matfield and the irish guy Kay is it?
So Mortlock's past it but Gregan isn't? :laugh: Oh dear.

Matfield would walk into the All Black side if he had just taken a leaf out of Greg Rawlinson's book.

And Ben Kay is English, not Irish. 8-) And has only managed about 20-odd appearances for England since the World Cup, where he became famous for dropping a pass with the line open.

Last edited:

cbuts

International Debutant
so who is the ginger from Ireland im thinking of?

Matfield would walk in your right. But if we had ronbinson jack and williams he would struggle

Gregan might be past his best - but still no one better than him around

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Paul O'Connell. No one better around than Gregan? I'd rate Fourie Du Preez ahead of him for starters.

cbuts

International Debutant
dont know why i had kay on my head for

Yea he is good. Id still like Gregan, the way he still controls the game is amazing. Aussie actually look like an average team when he is playing

Fiery

Banned
No. I'll be rather pissed off if he replaces Flavell in the squad, less so if Filipo misses out.
Brace yourself Perm because it's about to happen...I just wish it was Thorne who was on the chopping block....he's one of the worst ever All Blacks...up there with Jimmy Cowan.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Brace yourself Perm because it's about to happen...I just wish it was Thorne who was on the chopping block....he's one of the worst ever All Blacks...up there with Jimmy Cowan.
Harsh IMO but he's been tripe lately and shouldn't be in the team.

Perm

You've proven yourself to be too much of an ignorant tool to see that Thorne is a good player. People like you are the reason I hate the NZ rugby public.

Ignore.

Fiery

Banned
You've proven yourself to be too much of an ignorant tool to see that Thorne is a good player. People like you are the reason I hate the NZ rugby public.

Ignore.
You're a charming lad :dry:

And the NZ rugby public know nothing about rugby do they? Of course not, they couldn't possibly know as much as a 16 year old kid who couldn't make an Otago Country rep team :dry:

Last edited: