Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 80

Thread: The New Zealand Thread

  1. #16
    International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    First match in croke park for rugby (long story)
    Its not really that long tbh and im sure most of the rugby supporters here watched that match.

    I'll tell it anyway. The GAA (gaelic athletic assoc. In charge of the 2 irish sports Hurley and Gaelic Football) only wanted croke park to be used for the 2 sports. Lansdowne road is getting refurbished, the Rugby and Football teams needed somewhere to go, appealed for the use of croke park until stadium work complete, they got it.
    Where's my money?

  2. #17
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Like we did in 1999 and 2003!
    For sure.. my fingers are crossed that the same thing doesn't happen. I'm telling you if they do, I will fly my ass over there and kick theirs.
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

  3. #18
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,233
    Yeah, NZ clear favourites with SA a distant second. IMO noone apart from those two capable of winning.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  4. #19
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,402
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    Did you happen to see ireland v england
    First match in croke park for rugby (long story)
    Not quite. The French dicked you there the previous week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Yeah, NZ clear favourites with SA a distant second. IMO noone apart from those two capable of winning.
    Nah, the French are clearly a live shout at home. Not a year ago they beat the saffies by four tries to one at Newlands.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence


  5. #20
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,695
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    HAHA meatheahs crying
    Did you happen to see ireland v england
    First match in croke park for rugby (long story) and the national anthem was played all the front row were crying there eyes out, still then went and hammered england!!!! if they can reproduce any of that form the will definetly be in with a great chance!!!
    The problem for Ireland is they don't believe they can't beat the All Blacks. They can't win the RWC, IMO.

  6. #21
    International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by DCC_legend View Post
    Its not really that long tbh and im sure most of the rugby supporters here watched that match.

    I'll tell it anyway. The GAA (gaelic athletic assoc. In charge of the 2 irish sports Hurley and Gaelic Football) only wanted croke park to be used for the 2 sports. Lansdowne road is getting refurbished, the Rugby and Football teams needed somewhere to go, appealed for the use of croke park until stadium work complete, they got it.
    Fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

  7. #22
    International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,246
    [QUOTE=BoyBrumby;1216764]Not quite. The French dicked you there the previous week.





    Hey that eas only all last minuet stuff

  8. #23
    International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    The problem for Ireland is they don't believe they can't beat the All Blacks. They can't win the RWC, IMO.
    IMO they can no one taught england would come close last time

  9. #24
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    The problem for Ireland is they don't believe they can't beat the All Blacks. They can't win the RWC, IMO.
    If we're honest I'd say the only side that can beat the All Blacks is the All Blacks themselves.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  10. #25
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,896
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    IMO they can no one taught england would come close last time
    Are you really sure about that?

  11. #26
    Hall of Fame Member _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,941
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    If we're honest I'd say the only side that can beat the All Blacks is the All Blacks themselves.
    And rest assured we'll do our very best.

    By the way, I thought England were a huge chance in 2003. Naturally I was confident NZ would win, but I rated England in the top 3 chances for sure.

  12. #27
    State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    IMO they can no one taught england would come close last time
    England were favourites. Only people who dislike England thought otherwise. No one thought Australia would make the Final.

  13. #28
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,695
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    no one taught england would come close last time
    Utter bollocks.

  14. #29
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    24,140
    England beat the All Blacks in Wellington just before the 2003 World Cup which said an awful lot.

    Them winning certainly wasn't a big surprise for me anyway.

  15. #30
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    England beat the All Blacks in Wellington just before the 2003 World Cup which said an awful lot.

    Them winning certainly wasn't a big surprise for me anyway.
    When England won the WC they were already on the downward spiral that they find themselves in now. They were the best team in the world when they beat the All Blacks. How things have changed lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •