• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The New Zealand Thread

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Its not really that long tbh and im sure most of the rugby supporters here watched that match.

I'll tell it anyway. The GAA (gaelic athletic assoc. In charge of the 2 irish sports Hurley and Gaelic Football) only wanted croke park to be used for the 2 sports. Lansdowne road is getting refurbished, the Rugby and Football teams needed somewhere to go, appealed for the use of croke park until stadium work complete, they got it.
Fair enough.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we're honest I'd say the only side that can beat the All Blacks is the All Blacks themselves.
And rest assured we'll do our very best.

By the way, I thought England were a huge chance in 2003. Naturally I was confident NZ would win, but I rated England in the top 3 chances for sure.

James

Cricket Web Owner
England beat the All Blacks in Wellington just before the 2003 World Cup which said an awful lot.

Them winning certainly wasn't a big surprise for me anyway.

Piper

International Captain
England beat the All Blacks in Wellington just before the 2003 World Cup which said an awful lot.

Them winning certainly wasn't a big surprise for me anyway.
When England won the WC they were already on the downward spiral that they find themselves in now. They were the best team in the world when they beat the All Blacks. How things have changed lol.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I really hope Henry gets this midfield problem sorted out. The midfield and our habit of capitulating at line-out time are our only real weaknesses, IMO. The problem seems to be that Conrad Smith is too damn injury prone & will probably never be a consistent option at centre, while Isaia Toeava is in over his head. I don't think this squad will ever have a great line-out & it looks like the mid-field combo won't settle, either.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really hope Henry gets this midfield problem sorted out. The midfield and our habit of capitulating at line-out time are our only real weaknesses, IMO. The problem seems to be that Conrad Smith is too damn injury prone & will probably never be a consistent option at centre, while Isaia Toeava is in over his head. I don't think this squad will ever have a great line-out & it looks like the mid-field combo won't settle, either.
With Aaron Mauger as the preferred at 12 then I don't think Conrad Smith will get too many chances at centre, especially paired with Mauger. You really need a big guy who can break the tackle and cart the ball forward in the midfield, unless we decided to use Sivivatu or Rokocoko more to punch it up on midfield.

Fiery

Banned
Without a word of a lie his name popped into my head as this thread was loading. I'm not sure who plays 12 and who plays 13, but I rate both of them over Toeava.
Jauzion usually plays 12 and Fritz 13 but they do switch around a bit