• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Argentina, France, Georgia, Ireland, Namibia

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
France will dominate. I'd love for the Pumas to get up and defeat Ireland.

Fiery

Banned
Ireland easily capable of beating France and Argentina capable of upsetting both France and Ireland but can't see it

Perm

I can't see France dropping a game to either Ireland or Argentina in the group stages of this World Cup, especially if they play most of their 1st XV.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is such an awful draw. France, Ireland, & Argentina are all ranked above Scotland, Wales & ourselves and yet one's going home before the quarters.

I'll actually take France (boo, hiss) & Ireland despite Argentina beating Ireland 2-0 in the series over these last two weekends. Rather like ourselves it was very much a second or third choice Ireland.

Craig

World Traveller
This is such an awful draw. France, Ireland, & Argentina are all ranked above Scotland, Wales & ourselves and yet one's going home before the quarters.

I'll actually take France (boo, hiss) & Ireland despite Argentina beating Ireland 2-0 in the series over these last two weekends. Rather like ourselves it was very much a second or third choice Ireland.
True though, but aren't Argentina are tough mob at home and I don't think many teams like going there.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
tough group.....ireland all the way though best chance ever of going far in the world cup
the mood in the country is good too so come on lads!!!!!

Piper

International Captain
I think it will be France and Argentina. Would personally love for Ireland to go home early :happy:

Perm

True though, but aren't Argentina are tough mob at home and I don't think many teams like going there.
Playing Argentina in Buenis Aries (sp) is like playing the Bulls at Loftus Versfield, one of the toughest asks in rugby.

Piper

International Captain
He is really arrogant. And I don't like him for what he said about English Domestic rugby.