• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Argentina, France, Georgia, Ireland, Namibia

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
France were dire, especially their full back and kicker.
What about their halfback?

Just goes to show how good the Argentinian team could be if they had some sort of domestic competition or were invovled internationally on a regular basis. Always excellent to see one of those 'smaller' teams get up and win, especially against France.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well the only backs that were actually any good were Harinordoquy, Rougerie (was OK), Michelak when he came on was very good, and that's it really. Where is Yachvilli these days?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well the thing about France is that they can play **** like they did today, and then beat the All Blacks the next. I wouldn't put it past them to stuff Ireland.

Perm

Well the only backs that were actually any good were Harinordoquy, Rougerie (was OK), Michelak when he came on was very good, and that's it really. Where is Yachvilli these days?
Harinordoquy plays #8 ;) .I thought Dominici was quite good, Rougerie and Heymans had a couple of decent touches. What really let them down was the scrumhalf-flyhalf combination, would've much preferred to see Jean-Baptiste Ellisalde and Michalak starting there, Traille seems pretty average and Jauzion was disappointing.

Perm

Very real chance of France not getting through, early days though.
They should get past Ireland. It's going to be quite interesting really, Argentina beat France, Ireland should beat Argentina and France should beat Ireland.

Perm

Well the thing about France is that they can play **** like they did today, and then beat the All Blacks the next. I wouldn't put it past them to stuff Ireland.
If France do qualify second then I'd put $10 on them to beat the All Blacks in the quarterfinals.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well Jean Baptiste Ellisalde is a pretty good kicker, and their kicker today (the name escapes me) was absolutely **** to be honest. Heyman had a shocking first half, and the second one wasn't much better. Michelak should definitely start next game, his handling was excellent, missed an easy kick though,

PhoenixFire

International Coach
They should get past Ireland. It's going to be quite interesting really, Argentina beat France, Ireland should beat Argentina and France should beat Ireland.
Ireland Argentina is meant to be a really good game due to the history between them, the games have historically been really rough and physical.

Did you know that Argentina have won their last 5/6 games v France.

Perm

Well Jean Baptiste Ellisalde is a pretty good kicker, and their kicker today (the name escapes me) was absolutely **** to be honest. Heyman had a shocking first half, and the second one wasn't much better. Michelak should definitely start next game, his handling was excellent, missed an easy kick though,
From what I can remember Michalak isn't that great with the goal kicking. Adequate, but there are probably better options (Ellisalde would be one). I'm glad they got rid of Damien Traille at flyhalf though, that never looked like a good move at all when they toured down here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The thing about the Irish team is that usually the better the other team is the better they perform. So I would say nothing is for certain.

Perm

Ireland Argentina is meant to be a really good game due to the history between them, the games have historically been really rough and physical.

Hmm, I can't really see Argentina putting in that sort of effort again in a few days. Their defense was absolutely amazing, particularly at the start of the second game. Are you sure? Thought it was just in France, because I know they have an awesome record there. Hopefully they put in more performances like this one that simply demands more international rugby.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain

Im not too sure of the results but i believe ireland have had narrow victories over argentina in the past 2 WC's

Matteh

Skrela + Mignoni just had dire games at Fly/Scrum half. That one dire penalty Skrela missed would have got them back whithin 3 points.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great result for Rugby; exactly what the tournament needed. Opened up the draw & it means Ireland/France becomes a must win game.

Thoroughly deserved win too, the Argentines were massive in defence & destroyed the French with the high ball. Heymans proved pretty conclusively he's not a full-back, absolutely woeful under the bombs.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Great result for Rugby; exactly what the tournament needed. Opened up the draw & it means Ireland/France becomes a must win game.

Thoroughly deserved win too, the Argentines were massive in defence & destroyed the French with the high ball. Heymans proved pretty conclusively he's not a full-back, absolutely woeful under the bombs.
And Jason, the only Tipster in the tipping comp on CW to predict an Upset.:smartass:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am certain France will finish Number 2 in the Group despite the loss and Ireland will top the Group .

Perm

Yeah, but it was closer than anyone else had predicted ....Credit where credit is due...I predicted an upset....and Upset it certainly was.:happy:
Yeah, it was. But it still wasn't a draw. You didn't predict anything right so stop gloating about it FFS.