• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - New Zealand, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Scotland

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Graham Henry has pretty much said the All Blacks will go soft on Portugal.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Graham Henry has pretty much said the All Blacks will go soft on Portugal.
Yeah right way to go about it. Smashing them into the dust isn't going to do Portugal any good as far as their Rugby is concerned. Romania are different basically because they have a much longer history of rugby and their fans aren't going to be turned off rugby by getting beaten by 100 points.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
A win's a win. Bit loose at times, but dominated for the most part. Portugal looked good going forwards.

Sw1fty

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think the All Blacks relished playing daytime rugby. It suits their style of play. I thought Ali Williams had a very good game would have been my man of the match actually. French media were going ga-ga over the All Blacks after this match.

Perm

Yeah right way to go about it. Smashing them into the dust isn't going to do Portugal any good as far as their Rugby is concerned. Romania are different basically because they have a much longer history of rugby and their fans aren't going to be turned off rugby by getting beaten by 100 points.
Yeah, the words Henry used were something like "We will treat the situation with some sensitivity" which made me laugh. Always enjoy watching these smaller nations play and play well, so I hope they put in a good performance.

cbuts

International Debutant
I just hope they actually play their top team

for no other reason than, id hate to think some players were being told they could not play.
if i was in the Portugal team, my sole reason for being at the WC would be to play the All Blacks, not Romania

Athlai

Not Terrible
I just hope they actually play their top team

for no other reason than, id hate to think some players were being told they could not play.
if i was in the Portugal team, my sole reason for being at the WC would be to play the All Blacks, not Romania
They won't though, maybe before you play thats what you'd like but once your a hundred points behind you'll be getting a little tired of the game. All the best players will get a run probably but they just won't start.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, the words Henry used were something like "We will treat the situation with some sensitivity" which made me laugh. Always enjoy watching these smaller nations play and play well, so I hope they put in a good performance.
Ha as if Tana Umaga is capable of showing sensitivity, I haven't forgiven you lot for what you did to BOD.

Perm

Ha as if Tana Umaga is capable of showing sensitivity, I haven't forgiven you lot for what you did to BOD.
:dry: Tana Umaga isn't playing for the All Blacks anymore, how is that relevant? That game was also against a very high quality of opposition, not a team who have just qualified for their first ever World Cup. The BOD tackle/cleanout was an accident, these things happen. We had to put up with the **** moaning about it for such a long time that in the end nobody cared.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
:dry: Tana Umaga isn't playing for the All Blacks anymore, how is that relevant? That game was also against a very high quality of opposition, not a team who have just qualified for their first ever World Cup. The BOD tackle/cleanout was an accident, these things happen. We had to put up with the **** moaning about it for such a long time that in the end nobody cared.
Ha was it **** an accident. Quite clearly deliberate, you don't do that by accident.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Have you played rugby before? I've seen plenty of those sorta things that happen by accident.
Did you actually see the 'tackle'?

I've played rugby for 6 years FYI, and I accept that spear tackles happen by accident, but there is no way on earth that that was an accident, no way.