• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - New Zealand, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Scotland

BoyBrumby

Englishman
His story about the tackle. Again.

:sleep:
Obviously the media tends to make mountains out of molehills, but surely Jonathan might've realised that calling a bloke a "sook" after you've injured him badly enough to put him out for six months was maybe slightly injudicious? From The Telegraph. Yes, it's a line from his autobiography, but as is the way of things, the juicy bits always get seized upon & blown up.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about it. I'm not a huge Tana Umaga fan, but he can write whatever he wants in his autobiography, that's a vital part of writing one I feel, is to express your true feelings about incidents you weren't allowed to talk about at the time.

Anyway, certainly seems as if O'Driscoll isn't the nicest bloke in the world, if what that article Brumbers provided is true.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about it. I'm not a huge Tana Umaga fan, but he can write whatever he wants in his autobiography, that's a vital part of writing one I feel, is to express your true feelings about incidents you weren't allowed to talk about at the time.

Anyway, certainly seems as if O'Driscoll isn't the nicest bloke in the world, if what that article Brumbers provided is true.
If we had done the same to Richie McCaw would you have made a fuss about it?

Perm

If we had done the same to Richie McCaw would you have made a fuss about it?
At the time, probably. I'm sure Richie McCaw wouldn't be the kind of person to keep whinging on about it for a long while after the fact.

Perm

All Blacks dominating on the scoreboard, but the only area where they can say they've bettered Romania significantly is open play. I've been very impressed with Romania's scrummaging, lineouts and general forward play, they've certainly got a solid base up front. Best part of the game so far was the hooker crossing our line, easily.

Perm

Not a bad showing, tbh.
Indeed. Romania were quality in the forwards, they scrummaged really well and their lineout was pretty good, I'd say that the dominated the loss ball too. Unfortunately for them they missed tackles and allowed the All Blacks to run through their backs.

From an All Black point of view, it was good. The scoreline was blown out by two or three tries that shouldn't have been awarded. Too many handling areas in the first half, but we came good later on and had some very good sequences of play, including some brilliant inter-passing.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
I'm really satisfied with the outing, and seeing one of our players with tears in his eyes during the anthem was quite a sight... they played with heart there and deserved their points.
this was one of the many good sporting events today - the Red Sox won the AL East division, and the local soccer team won with me and my father in the stands.
now I'm rooting for Italy to make my day complete.

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Italy constantly cheating, but the Mighty Scotland through anyway.
Stop saying nonsense. I am very disappointed for what happened yesterday. Italy had a bad World Cup and I am sad. Scotland did not do much more, but they have a player who is able to convert penalties, which Italy do not have.

This game could have gone both sides. Scotland prevailed, but if Italy had won, it would not have been a scandal. So, please stop saying nonsense about cheating and similar things.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sione Lauaki out for two weeks, stupid ****.
I wouldn't worry, I'd rather have Collins, McCaw and So'ioalo playing a full game anyway.

As far as New Zealand's showing in the group goes, I'm not too concerned either. The teams they faced were of such low standard that it would be difficult to rise for the occasions, so to still score more than 300 points and 46 tries is a fair effort - considering that only Australia scored more than 200 and no one else scored more than 30 tries. The NZ view on the games appears to be that the All Blacks spoilt chances and should've won by 100+ points in every match but I believe the mistakes occured because the match result hardly mattered to them. It would be impossible to have a perfect performance against a weak team but I feel they have the potential to have near the perfect performance against the likes of France, Australia and South Africa, even if the margins of victory are only within 10-20 points.

NZ side for the quarters in my opinion:
Woodcock, Mealamu, Hayman, Jack, Williams, Collins, McCaw, So'ioalo, Kellehar, Carter, Rokocoko, Mauger, Muliana, Howlett, Macdonald

With reserves:
Oliver, Sommerville, Robinson, Masoe, Leonard, McAlister, Evans