• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - Australia, Canada, Fiji, Japan, Wales

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia shouldn't have any problem going through his group unbeaten with Wales a clear 2nd. The games between Canada, Fiji and Japan will all be very interesting though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Has there always been 5 teams per group, i thought it was 4 per group?

Hopefully Australia get knocked out 1st round, only way any serious changes are going to be made.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can't see why Japan can't beat Fiji, especially with the quality players that their guys come up against each week in their domestic comp. Surely its improved the standard of their play, where they are a realistic chance of beating Fiji.

Perm

I can't see why Japan can't beat Fiji, especially with the quality players that their guys come up against each week in their domestic comp. Surely its improved the standard of their play, where they are a realistic chance of beating Fiji.
Natural talent. The Fijian's just have too much of it.

Johnners

Hopefully the selectors will have finally realised that Giteau is an Inside Centre, not a Halfback, by the time the Wallabies play their first game, and we can see a complete backline carve up the mediocrity in this group....

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully the selectors will have finally realised that Giteau is an Inside Centre, not a Halfback, by the time the Wallabies play their first game, and we can see a complete backline carve up the mediocrity in this group....
Hopefully the selectors realise his best position for the Wallabies is at fly half where he can have the most impact. And push Larkham to inside centre and maybe even fullback where he started his career.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Top League isn't that great in Japan, despite the quality of ex-pats who go over and play for them. Japanese players though get a little arrogant, case of being big fish in a small pond which exposes them on the international stage.

Anyway, good ol John Kirwan is helping them along, and I really hope they do beat Fiji.

Piper

International Captain
Japan to be 2nd in this group.:cool:
Only if you were playing.... Oh, sorry, that was meant for someone else :p

But in all seriousness, the Aussie's should walk it followed by the Welsh but I won't be surprised if there is an upset.