Cricket Player Manager
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pool B - Australia, Canada, Fiji, Japan, Wales

Jenkins gets the arse

From the Beeb. Quite right too; one win in the 6 Nations and a first round exit in the WC now. Amazing to think that Mike Ruddock had lead them to a Grand Slam two years ago before being (****ing disgracefully IMHO) ousted in a penis-brained display of player-power.

I'm no fan of the Welsh, but they deserve better than this.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Can it all be blamed on Jenkins though? Haven't Wales had some injuries concerns since his appointment as coach?

In any case, there will be a lot of interest in the job. Eddie Jones, Scott Johnson, Nick Mallet, what about Sir Clive Woodward and John Mitchell?
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Can it all be blamed on Jenkins though? Haven't Wales had some injuries concerns since his appointment as coach?

In any case, there will be a lot of interest in the job. Eddie Jones, Scott Johnson, Nick Mallet, what about Sir Clive Woodward and John Mitchell?
    Not all, no. As I alluded to some of the senior players (Gareth Thomas being the obvious example) clearly got ideas above their station. I don't know if you've ever seen the clip, but on Scrum V over here (Welsh rugger magazine program) he basically had a public nervous breakdown when Eddie Butler quizzed him on his role in the untimely exit of Ruddock. I suspect Jenkins perhaps wasn't a strong enough character to quell such murmurings.

Jenkins didn't help matters tho by leaving out Brent Cockbain (clearly the Welsh enforcer in a powerpuff front 5) & Gavin Henson (overrated, yes, but a better option in the centre than Sonny Parker or Mr Thomas himself). He left himself a hostage to fortune if things went tits up.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Jenkins didn't help matters tho by leaving out Brent Cockbain (clearly the Welsh enforcer in a powerpuff front 5) & Gavin Henson (overrated, yes, but a better option in the centre than Sonny Parker or Mr Thomas himself). He left himself a hostage to fortune if things went tits up.
    Cockbain was that Aussie bloke wasn't he? I'm pretty sure he had a brother who played for the Brumbies, definitely somebody with the same last name and I think they were relatively. Also, hasn't Gavin Henson been plagued by injury lately? I was under the impression he wasn't fit for the tournament, hence why he wasn't picked. Would be madness to leave him out TBH.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Go Canada Go Canada .

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Cockbain was that Aussie bloke wasn't he? I'm pretty sure he had a brother who played for the Brumbies, definitely somebody with the same last name and I think they were relatively. Also, hasn't Gavin Henson been plagued by injury lately? I was under the impression he wasn't fit for the tournament, hence why he wasn't picked. Would be madness to leave him out TBH.
    I missed this at the time.

Yep, Brent's brother Matt played for the Wallabies, IIRC he was on the bench for the 2003 final. & Henson had been injured, but was fit enough to be playing for his province by the start of the WC.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information