• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - Australia, Canada, Fiji, Japan, Wales

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jenkins gets the arse

From the Beeb. Quite right too; one win in the 6 Nations and a first round exit in the WC now. Amazing to think that Mike Ruddock had lead them to a Grand Slam two years ago before being (****ing disgracefully IMHO) ousted in a penis-brained display of player-power.

I'm no fan of the Welsh, but they deserve better than this.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can it all be blamed on Jenkins though? Haven't Wales had some injuries concerns since his appointment as coach?

In any case, there will be a lot of interest in the job. Eddie Jones, Scott Johnson, Nick Mallet, what about Sir Clive Woodward and John Mitchell?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can it all be blamed on Jenkins though? Haven't Wales had some injuries concerns since his appointment as coach?

In any case, there will be a lot of interest in the job. Eddie Jones, Scott Johnson, Nick Mallet, what about Sir Clive Woodward and John Mitchell?
Not all, no. As I alluded to some of the senior players (Gareth Thomas being the obvious example) clearly got ideas above their station. I don't know if you've ever seen the clip, but on Scrum V over here (Welsh rugger magazine program) he basically had a public nervous breakdown when Eddie Butler quizzed him on his role in the untimely exit of Ruddock. I suspect Jenkins perhaps wasn't a strong enough character to quell such murmurings.

Jenkins didn't help matters tho by leaving out Brent ****bain (clearly the Welsh enforcer in a powerpuff front 5) & Gavin Henson (overrated, yes, but a better option in the centre than Sonny Parker or Mr Thomas himself). He left himself a hostage to fortune if things went **** up.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jenkins didn't help matters tho by leaving out Brent ****bain (clearly the Welsh enforcer in a powerpuff front 5) & Gavin Henson (overrated, yes, but a better option in the centre than Sonny Parker or Mr Thomas himself). He left himself a hostage to fortune if things went **** up.
****bain was that Aussie bloke wasn't he? I'm pretty sure he had a brother who played for the Brumbies, definitely somebody with the same last name and I think they were relatively. Also, hasn't Gavin Henson been plagued by injury lately? I was under the impression he wasn't fit for the tournament, hence why he wasn't picked. Would be madness to leave him out TBH.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
****bain was that Aussie bloke wasn't he? I'm pretty sure he had a brother who played for the Brumbies, definitely somebody with the same last name and I think they were relatively. Also, hasn't Gavin Henson been plagued by injury lately? I was under the impression he wasn't fit for the tournament, hence why he wasn't picked. Would be madness to leave him out TBH.
I missed this at the time. :ph34r:

Yep, Brent's brother Matt played for the Wallabies, IIRC he was on the bench for the 2003 final. & Henson had been injured, but was fit enough to be playing for his province by the start of the WC.