Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 126

Thread: Pool B - Australia, Canada, Fiji, Japan, Wales

  1. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuts View Post
    think like the all blacks with their pool, both teams could put in a super 14 team and probally win it!
    I'd back Wales to beat an Aussie Super 14 team tbh

  2. #47
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    I'd back Wales to beat an Aussie Super 14 team tbh
    Same here, with the possible exception of an on-song Brumbies outfit.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  3. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Same here, with the possible exception of an on-song Brumbies outfit.
    Maybe if the Brumbies had all players fit and only if Mortlock was playing, Wales might struggle

  4. #49
    International Debutant cbuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    I'd back Wales to beat an Aussie Super 14 team tbh
    maybe the reds and the tahs. couldnt see them beating the brumbies, force, or any of our teams
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7


  5. #50
    International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuts View Post
    think like the all blacks with their pool, both teams could put in a super 14 team and probally win it!
    Agreed.

    Wales are'nt great so there should be nothing near an upset here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

  6. #51
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuts View Post
    maybe the reds and the tahs. couldnt see them beating the brumbies, force, or any of our teams
    Tah's on form would knock Wales off pretty easily too i think.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

  7. #52
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuts View Post
    i will quote you on that.

    Seen alot of all three teams on tv recently, Canada easily the best of them at the moment

  8. #53
    International Debutant cbuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master View Post
    Tah's on form would knock Wales off pretty easily too i think.
    ha yea def last year

  9. #54
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,410

    Henson out of world cup


    From The Guardian.


    French hair-gel sellers have been reportedly weeping openly in the street.

    Not sure how much the taffs will really miss him tho, tbh. His whole reputation seems to be based around one penalty, dumping Matt Tait on his aris a coupla times, somewhat dubious grooming habits & dodgy taste in birds.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

  10. #55
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

    From The Guardian.


    French hair-gel sellers have been reportedly weeping openly in the street.

    Not sure how much the taffs will really miss him tho, tbh. His whole reputation seems to be based around one penalty, dumping Matt Tait on his aris a coupla times, somewhat dubious grooming habits & dodgy taste in birds.
    TBF, there has been a lot of controversy surrounding him but I quite rate him, it's always good to have a playmaker in the 12 jersey.

  11. #56
    International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,070
    He is a good player, but i think people rate him a bit too much. Especially after that England game in the six nations a few years ago (2005 AFAIK). He hasn't produced much since then.
    Where's my money?

  12. #57
    State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,246
    I went to Japan's final home game last night, thanks to some free tickets. Japan thrashed the mighty Asian Barbarians 64-10. I got to see Ohata live. First game back from an achilles tendon injury; scored a try with his first touch of the ball. GUN.

  13. #58
    State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,246
    UGH, after months of rehabilitation on his right Achilles tendon, Daisuke Ohata ruptured his left tendon in the warm-up against Portugal. Not only that, but Japan's first five, Eiji Ando, suffered ligament damage in his right knee. Japan's first choice flyhalf, James Arlidge, is nowhere near fit after suffering a double fracture in his left leg in May. That leaves 20 year old, Kosei Ono, as the only specialist first five in the squad.

    I'm gutted.

  14. #59
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    Big chance for the young bloke to step up and show the world what hes made of. Tough luck for the injured players though

  15. #60
    International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Aust
    Posts
    4,077
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket View Post
    UGH, after months of rehabilitation on his right Achilles tendon, Daisuke Ohata ruptured his left tendon in the warm-up against Portugal. Not only that, but Japan's first five, Eiji Ando, suffered ligament damage in his right knee. Japan's first choice flyhalf, James Arlidge, is nowhere near fit after suffering a double fracture in his left leg in May. That leaves 20 year old, Kosei Ono, as the only specialist first five in the squad.

    I'm gutted.
    Dobson expecting a call up from JK any day now.

    But seriously, I hear that they might shift Bryce Robbins to 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* Champions Trophy Discussion Thread
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum Cricket Web XI
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 15-05-2007, 06:25 AM
  2. *Official* India in Australia Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2652
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 08:00 PM
  3. My work picks
    By James in forum Rugby Union World Cup 2003
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2003, 01:48 AM
  4. Pre-Season Results
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 14-04-2003, 10:42 PM
  5. New South Wales to play Australia (Tomorrow)
    By chris.hinton in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2002, 02:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •