• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - England, Samoa, South Africa, Tonga, United States

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, of course there's tackling and contact in rugby but purely and simply Burger is a thug and doesn't play to the rules, that's what PF is getting at.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed, of course there's tackling and contact in rugby but purely and simply Burger is a thug and doesn't play to the rules, that's what PF is getting at.
Yeah, but it's not true. Burger is probably the toughest player in international rugby, and sometimes he does get accused of thuggery which I don't feel is right. For example, this latest instant was simply unfortunate as Burger was contesting the ball the whole time, it was just poor on his behalf that his arm swung around as he was jumping, there certainly wasn't any malice in it IMO, as he wasn't even looking at the player. The 4 match ban he was given initially was far too harsh and I think his reputation definitely had something to do with it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to getting out of the house in my new country and getting drunk, hopefully making friends and watching the Boks steamroller the English :)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Do you hate everything to do with tackling and contact in rugby?
Well considering the only two points I have picked up on about contact in rugby were both issues were someone's neck could have been done serious damage, I think that is slightly unfair.

I love the physical side of rugby and I love smashing people into the dust with big tackles, much as most rugby players do, and I don't mind being crunched myself, I just hate it when people go overboard and threaten other players serious safety by doing stupid things, mainly because I literally couldn't walk for 6 months thanks to some dick I playd against.

chalky

International Debutant
Anyone know who is playing fly half for England tonight?

Anyway glad Corry is back for Worsely at least we might win a few scraps with Corry in the side.

chalky

International Debutant
I hope we don't try and contest the scrums too much if we are getting pushed around (ala the last warm up game against France) just copy what Australia have done for the last 5 years or so either get the ball out quick or collapse it the referees tend not to know what is going on in the scrum anyway so just split the penalties & free kicks 50/50 irrespective of who is on top.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I hope we don't try and contest the scrums too much if we are getting pushed around (ala the last warm up game against France) just copy what Australia have done for the last 5 years or so either get the ball out quick or collapse it the referees tend not to know what is going on in the scrum anyway so just split the penalties & free kicks 50/50 irrespective of who is on top.
With Sheridan & Stevens propping we won't get shoved around up front. My big fear is the pace the yarps have in their backline. Habana & Pietersen are seriously quick. Our best chances are to keep it tight & hope Easter and Corry can make some hard yards. Steyn @ 12 gives us a target too; he's a special player but he's not De Villiers yet. Rees wants to hit him early & hit him hard.

Can't really see us winning, but I live in hope. Off up the boozer to watch soon.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
...terrible game from Englands perspective - 36-0 to South Africa
I'm sure better men than I will analyse the why we lost so decisively....:(

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent game from du Preez, good to see him holding off the challenge from Ruan Pienaar. England were woeful from what I seen, literally had nothing on attack. Unfortunate injury for Robinson, hope he comes right very soon, but it's not likely.

jammay123

State 12th Man
england were completly dominated by sa . england are absoulutly dire at the minute and do not see us getting past the quaters