• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - England, Samoa, South Africa, Tonga, United States

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always good to see the Saffies doing well, my pick to win the tournament.

Perm

Eh, out of all of the teams I support, I want SA to win the least, play dirty, I hate them.
That's what makes them good I reckon. A bunch of hard-nosed bastards who never take a backwards step, I admire that. Admittedly when it turns into thuggery I'm not so keen. The first half against the All Blacks in one of the Tri Nations games was the most dominant forward display I have ever seen in my life, great to see.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah I expect England to beat Samoa simply because of the stamina or lack or that Samoa have. I really don't want to watch England play SA, because if we play like we did against USA, I could see them putting 50 points past us.
After the way england played USA, Tonga is likely to beat engalnd. think samoa real genuine chance of beating engleand, particularly if they play like they did in the first half vs Sa, with a ref thats fair to them. stamina or not, if samoa can rattle england like they did SA (plenty of captain cooks and bad passes) they will win....or little jonny will win due to refs whistle.

PY

International Coach
Haha, you'd have thought after 4 years, the bitterness might've worn off. :p

Schalke Burger being cited for his misdemeanour against Samoa so he might miss the England game. That would be rather nice if it came true.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, you'd have thought after 4 years, the bitterness might've worn off. :p

Schalke Burger being cited for his misdemeanour against Samoa so he might miss the England game. That would be rather nice if it came true.
Juan Smith's actions were far more 'serious' yet he hasn't been cited. Burger's bad rep has done him no favours, challenge was pretty nasty but Schalk could realistically argue that Samoan player contributed to its nastiness by ducking under. If Burger does miss out, Wikus van Heerden of the Bulls will likely be his replacement.

PY

International Coach
Juan Smith's actions were far more 'serious' yet he hasn't been cited. Burger's bad rep has done him no favours, challenge was pretty nasty but Schalk could realistically argue that Samoan player contributed to its nastiness by ducking under. If Burger does miss out, Wikus van Heerden of the Bulls will likely be his replacement.
Didn't see the Smith incident, what happened? Can't find any highlights on the t'interweb.

Matteh

Kick from the half way line, guy goes up to catch it, catches it, Burger comes flying in and sort of punches him in his late effort to intercept the ball.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't see the Smith incident, what happened? Can't find any highlights on the t'interweb.
Smith threw a punch off the ball. But the worst incident all game which didn't raise an eyebrow was Brian Lima, who knocked himself stone cold out after trying to dump André Pretorius on his head.

Perm

Smith threw a punch off the ball. But the worst incident all game which didn't raise an eyebrow was Brian Lima, who knocked himself stone cold out after trying to dump André Pretorius on his head.
Didn't look that way to me, just looked as though Lima was trying to bear-hug him.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Burger's ban has been reduced after an appeal...4 match ban reduced to just 2 games

according to the BBC....

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Hate Burger with a passion, I'm actually getting a hair cut because apparently my hair looks like his (which is dire in itself) ,and now they call me lots of different names to do with Burger, which is very annoying.

Perm

Hate Burger with a passion, I'm actually getting a hair cut because apparently my hair looks like his (which is dire in itself) ,and now they call me lots of different names to do with Burger, which is very annoying.
Do you hate everything to do with tackling and contact in rugby?