View Poll Results: Do you want to see a seperate forum for the Rugby World Cup 2007?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 70.59%
  • No

10 29.41%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2007 forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    A second-string NZ Maori team put 50 points on them. I'll be surprised if the ABs don't put a ton on the Canucks.
    What side is being put out though? Imagine it will be the fringe ABs wouldn't it?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    What side is being put out though? Imagine it will be the fringe ABs wouldn't it?
    Not with the Junior All Black's competing in the Pacific 5 Nations at the same time. The Maori are basically a third string New Zealand side.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    They can compete with teams like Japan, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji etc so they aren't that bad.
    "aren't that bad" is different from "decent".

Well, Craig, I just plucked the phrase "second string" out of my head without having ANY idea who was in the Maori team. No, really.

"aren't that bad" is different from "decent".

Well, Craig, I just plucked the phrase "second string" out of my head without having ANY idea who was in the Maori team. No, really.
    Settle down mate, that is clearly not what I meant. Of course you have the first choice fifteen, and then you have your seven reserve players and the players on the fringe of that first XV, and if I had meant the bloody Moari team or the Junior All Blacks, then I would have friggin' have said so. In what I meant, I didn't expect Richie McCaw or Dan Carter to play, instead give somebody else a go, that is what I was asking.

Don't go around and speak like that to me because it won't work.

Settle down mate, that is clearly not what I meant. Of course you have the first choice fifteen, and then you have your seven reserve players and the players on the fringe of that first XV, and if I had meant the bloody Moari team or the Junior All Blacks, then I would have friggin' have said so. In what I meant, I didn't expect Richie McCaw or Dan Carter to play, instead give somebody else a go, that is what I was asking.

Haha, go Craig.

Waddaya gonna do? Cycle across the Tasman Sea and beat me up?
    Last edited by Smudge; 29-05-2007 at 04:28 AM.

Big loss of respect for Volty here, tis sad to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Big loss of respect for Volty here, tis sad to see.

Oh no - woe is me. Perm is taking a dim view of me.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Fiji and Samoa would be decent, nay pretty good teams - if all their best players didn't defect to the All Blacks at the first sign of a rugby contract.

If William Ryder ever defects to the All Blacks, I will be very disappointed. Great to watch in the Sevens.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    If William Ryder ever defects to the All Blacks, I will be very disappointed. Great to watch in the Sevens.
    Now might be a good time for you to brush up on the international rugby eligibility laws.

Now might be a good time for you to brush up on the international rugby eligibility laws.
    I'm more than willing to admit that I know nothing of the rugby eligibility laws. I haven't played the game since it entered the professional era. I'll watch the game, and 99% of the time, that's enough for me - just looking for something to talk about has steered me into discussing rugby which is guaranteed to set me up for a fall.

Either way, if the best XV Fijians and best XV Samoans in the world played together, they'd be a pretty good team - that's all I was trying to say.

PS: I've lost all respect for Alf from Home n Away due to his association with you

William Ryder cannot defect to the All Blacks. Since about 2000, there has been a one-country ruling. Rupeni Caucaunibuca clearly didn't understand this in 2003 after the RWC when he decided he'd switch to the All Blacks, and it had to be publicly explained to him "well, Rups, this isn't actually possible."

And you're opening up a can of worms I am well-known for not liking the taste of on here. Which Samoans and Fijians playing for NZ should be playing for the Islands and why?

Either way, if the best XV Fijians and best XV Samoans in the world played together, they'd be a pretty good team - that's all I was trying to say.
    That's all I'm saying; regardless of eligibility, there are people playing for the All Blacks who have Samoan or Fijian blood in 'em. And with them, Fiji and Samoa would be pretty good teams. No more, no less. Didn't realise there'd be controversy in saying that if some darn good players joined a decent side they'd be a better side. I am not making any comment on whether they should be playing for the All Blacks or not.

That's all I'm saying; regardless of eligibility, there are people playing for the All Blacks who have Samoan or Fijian blood in 'em. And with them, Fiji and Samoa would be pretty good teams. No more, no less. Didn't realise there'd be controversy in saying that if some darn good players joined a decent side they'd be a better side. I am not making any comment on whether they should be playing for the All Blacks or not.
    No, you said this, which is quite different:

Fiji and Samoa would be decent, nay pretty good teams - if all their best players didn't defect to the All Blacks at the first sign of a rugby contract.

What you say in haste, you repent at leisure.

**** it I say, I've already said I know little about rugby, so pin me to the mast for it. (EDIT: Naughty Heath, another slap on the wrist there.)

If you won't even allow someone to backtrack on their original comments, what am I going to do? I've tried to backtrack gracefully, but you go back to my original post. Big whoop. Now, I'm old enough not to get in a bad mood about such things, but is there much point of nailing a self-confessed not-rugby obsessed person to the mast?

Last time I dare to voice an opinion on rugby, that's for sure.
    Last edited by HeathDavisSpeed; 29-05-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information