• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby World Cup 2007 forum?

Do you want to see a seperate forum for the Rugby World Cup 2007?

• Total voters

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, although I'll do most of my rugby chat on other forums, but I think it'll be a good idea.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More people on CW are interested in Football than Union, so that would be a fair deal.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Have they decided to hold a League World Cup this time around? They cancelled the one four years ago because no-one could be bothered, or because someone had forgot to book the local sports domain or something.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Have they decided to hold a League World Cup this time around? They cancelled the one four years ago because no-one could be bothered, or because someone had forgot to book the local sports domain or something.
Rugby League World Cup
The Road to 2008
The World Cup will be played at the end of the 2008 season in Australia to mark a season-long celebration of Rugby League's centenary Down Under.
The last World Cup was played in 2000 when Australia defeated New Zealand 40-12 in the World Cup Final in Manchester, England.
The 2008 competition will feature 10
teams with New Zealand, England, Australia, Papua New Guinea and France entered automatically. Five more teams will be selected from the Qualifiers which kicked off in April 2006.

Source - http://www.rlcup.com/

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I voted yes, if for no other reason than it'll save any of the less enlightened League or AFL fans whinging about a dozen Union threads on the go at once.

It'll be a better tournament than the cricket WC too: fact.
I don't see how - England will still be dire :p

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh shoot Canada's in this too. I didn't know we played Rugby :blink: .

Anyways, I might actually give a damn about this tournament now.