• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Rugby World Cup 2015 Final

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let's get some hype going boyz. Where is the cross tasman banter? Where is the jokes about sheep shaggers? I want my money's worth out of the next 5 days.

In NEWZ -

The only thing I have learned from tipping contests about rugby matches is to read the injury reports. Who actually plays the game makes a massive difference. Australia sound like they will be at full strength.
Doubt that they are all fully fit

As for sheep shagging jokes, an old one

Q. Why do Kiwis name their best looking sheep Artie?

A. Ka Mate, Ka Mate ...... (with appropriate hip thrusts of course)

social

Another oldie

Lots of similarities between Aussies and our Kiwi brethren but one big difference is in the way that we name places with the former tending to be more literal

For example, "Sydney Harbour" derives its name from its location and the fact that it is a harbour

By way of contrast, if "Rotorua" was in Australia, it would be called "Stinking ****hole.where lots of ugly chicks and dumb blokes live"

Finally and assuming we win

Give me an example of "empty"

The Kiwi trophy cabinet

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Another oldie

Lots of similarities between Aussies and our Kiwi brethren but one big difference is in the way that we name places with the former tending to be more literal

For example, "Sydney Harbour" derives its name from its location and the fact that it is a harbour

By way of contrast, if "Rotorua" was in Australia, it would be called "Stinking ****hole.where lots of ugly chicks and dumb blokes live"

Finally and assuming we win

Give me an example of "empty"

The Kiwi trophy cabinet
Nice

Best one an Aussie sent me once went something like this.

Mum is a bit of an alcoholic these days.

Dad passed away doing what he liked best at the brothel.

My brother bill is in and out of jail

Merris the oldest is a heroin addict

And then there's Sandy. But we don't talk to her because she's married to a New Zealander.

social

Nice

Best one an Aussie sent me once went something like this.

Mum is a bit of an alcoholic these days.

Dad passed away doing what he liked best at the brothel.

My brother bill is in and out of jail

Merris the oldest is a heroin addict

And then there's Sandy. But we don't talk to her because she's married to a New Zealander.
Ha ha

We have the same jokes with the 2 heads from the Apple Isle

Hard to get too upset with the Kiwis as you guys are the best at rugby, have a beautiful country and make up most of my son's buddies (his touch footy team is literally bro, bro, bro, bro and TJ)

Just hoping for a good match really as I'm surprised that we've made it this far

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Wallabie win by 50.

I just hope both teams play like they have all tournament. Let's see some tries in a final for a change!

ripper868

International Coach
What a game that was. I was 14 years old and in the crowd with our rugby club group of about 60. Great night. So weird watching footage of those times, the running lines and ruck structures etc have changed so much!

I think its going to be a lot closer than many expect. The last time NZ faced the Pooper they were blown off the park in Sydney. It was smart from Cheika only running it the once, and changing the team entirely for the return leg in Eden Park. I am quietly confident we can win this, it all hinges on the kicking boots of Foley and Carter, and one or three big 'moments'.

Also backing Aaron Smith to be yellow carded or at least penalised for chatting to much at Owens.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Also backing Aaron Smith to be yellow carded or at least penalised for chatting to much at Owens.
Then let this be the first piece of trans tasman banter in the thread...we may have Aaron Smith (and Conrad for that matter)...you have a couple of talkers as well. Steven Moore is still growing in his role of how to influence a ref and can be a bit OTT at times at the moment. Fardy also enjoys a bit of a whine.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah but none at the level of A Smith. Moore as Captain has the right to discuss matters with the Ref. Smith tends to just flap like an angry bird and scream at the ref, Owens wont have that.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
TBF Smith is mostly screaming at his own forwards to gtf off the ground and into the next ruck.

ripper868

International Coach
Also true. The playinf of Owens by Moore and McCaw will be interesting. Feel Moore got one over Richie in Sydney, but McCaw is the master of ref negotiaions, Moore has much to learn and is prone to being blunt.

Im expecting both sides to run the ball alot, though i dont expect NZ to fluff around 30m from their own line like Argentina did, especially with Pocock lurking. One tactic I did notice the argies use was to run at Pocock alot, noticed a few times if there was 2 players to run at the would alwayd turn towards Pocock, an interesting way to take him out of the ruck contest.

Niall

International Coach
Joe Clarke ‏@JoeClarke1985 8h8 hours ago
World Cup final kicks off at 5am NZ time and 3am in Sydney, given it was very likely NZ were going to be in the final this seems ridiculous.
Found this on Twitter.
Spot on really, even if you ignore Aus/NZ the time of the final is stupid even from an European/ English viewpoint. It should have been at 8pm English time 4 hours ahead of what is now, centre piece of Saturday evening telly. Sticking it on the same time as the Premier League etc, is just silly.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Strangely enough, the Wallabies could use the scrum against us. Kepu>>>>>>Franks (either of them, they're both pretty average).

ripper868

International Coach
We are actually planning to have Quade Cooper run the water, just to give niggle to McCaw throughout the game, and rile up AB supporters. Plus a stray spray of water here and there can't be a bad thing. So excited for tomorrow. Will be in the crowd once again. Can not wait. 28 hours to kick off! Childhood dreams coming true (hopefully with a win, but I'm adult enough to accept it is just a game if we lose)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I made a similar post to the following before the 2011 final. Hoping it brings about the same result this time.
Here are the AB players places of birth and high schools. When I look at these place names and locations it drives home for me these are lads are the real deal. Brought up on kiwi tucker, make out sessions with chicks named christine behind the bike sheds, and singing Tutira mai nga iwi in primary school.

Get the job done black!

Starting XV
1. Joe Moody (10) Place of birth Christchurch, Canterbury School Christ's College
2. Dane Coles (35) Paraparaumu, Kapiti Coast, Paraparaumu College
3. Owen Franks (77)Motueka, New Zealand, Christchurch Boys' High School
4. Brodie Retallick (46) Rangiora, New Zealand, Christchurch Boys' High School
5. Samuel Whitelock (72)Palmerston North,Feilding High School
6. Jerome Kaino (66) Faga'alu, American Samoa[1], Papakura High School/ St Kentigern College
7. Richie McCaw (147) — captain Oamaru, North Otago,Otago Boys' High School
8. Kieran Read (83) Papakura, New Zealand, Rosehill College
9. Aaron Smith (46) Feilding, Manawatu-Wanganui,Feilding High School
10. Daniel Carter (111) Leeston, Canterbury, Ellesmere College/Christchurch Boys' High
11. Julian Savea (40) Wellington, New Zealand, Rongotai College
12. Ma’a Nonu (102) Wellington, New Zealand, Rongotai College
13. Conrad Smith (93) Hawera, Taranaki, Francis Douglas Memorial College
14. Nehe Milner-Skudder (7) Taihape, Manawatu-Wanganui, Queen Elizabeth College
15. Ben Smith (47)Dunedin, Otago, King's High School, Dunedin

Reserves
16. Keven Mealamu (131) Tokoroa, New Zealand, Aorere College
17. Ben Franks (46) Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Christchurch Boys' High School
18. Charlie Faumuina (32) South Auckland, New Zealand, Papatoetoe High School
19. Victor Vito (32) Wellington, Scots College, Wellington
20. Sam Cane (30) Reporoa, Waikato, New Zealand, Tauranga Boys School College
21. Tawera Kerr-Barlow (19) Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Hamilton Boys' High School
22. Beauden Barrett (35) New Plymouth, Taranaki, Francis Douglas Memorial College
23. Sonny Bill Williams (32) Auckland, Mount Albert Grammar School

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
On an unrelated note, Franks and Kerr Barlow are our two weakest players.

If Aaron Smith has a bad game we're screwed.