Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Semi Finals

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash

Semi Finals

I've got NZ and Australia to go through

Had a long think about the Argies but I don't they will be mentally there. I reckon they will just be happy to have had made the semi.

Don't be fooled by Australia finding it tough against Scotland.

I did warn that Scotland would grow an arm and a leg.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

IMO, a lot will depend upon whether Pocock is fit or not

Aside from his obvious skill, he brings solidarity and composure to the Wallabies

We're no more than 50/50 (at best) without him

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    IMO, a lot will depend upon whether Pocock is fit or not

Aside from his obvious skill, he brings solidarity and composure to the Wallabies

We're no more than 50/50 (at best) without him
    what's the latest on him. Everyone I know is assuming he will play (along with Folau)

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Didn't train yesterday, road a bike the whole session. Folau pulled up sore as well and didn't finish the session.

We are in trouble, Argentina have been red hot the whole tournament and found an extra gear when it mattered v Ireland. I hope we win (and once again as luck has it, I'll be at the game) but it won't be as easy as Scotland . Love the Argie fans as well, bring amazing atmosphere with them, was at Kingsholm when they played Georgia, damn near lifted the roof off the place, never heard 14,000 be so loud!
    Parmi

Managed to get a ticket for tomorrow - very happy with that! Hoping for a repeat of last week, though obviously expecting a much tougher game.

Pocock and Folau fit. Reckon Australia will win and do it fairly comfortably. Argentina could win, but I reckon Australia will handle the occasion better. But the experience will serve them well, and given how many of their stars are in their early to mid 20's, I reckon Argentina will be a huge threat at the next World Cup.

Oddsmakers putting the SA win at $4.50. Seems generous given SA came within 5 minutes of beating the AB's earlier this season.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 23-10-2015 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Number eight Pocock (calf) and full-back Folau (ankle) missed last week's quarter-final win over Scotland but were declared fit to play after a full-contact training session on Friday.
    Prop Scott Sio (elbow) will be replaced by James Slipper.
    Loose forward Ben McCalman and utility back Kurtley Beale return to the bench.
    Vice-captain Michael Hooper will make his 50th Test appearance.
    Australia: Israel Folau, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Tevita Kuridrani, Matt Giteau, Drew Mitchell, Bernard Foley, Will Genia; James Slipper, Stephen Moore (captain), Sekope Kepu, Kane Douglas, Rob Simmons, Scott Fardy, Michael Hooper, David Pocock.
    Replacements: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Toby Smith, Greg Holmes, Dean Mumm, Ben McCalman, Nick Phipps, Matt Toomua, Kurtley Beale.

Some Australian fans on the net are writing off the Argies before the game has started. I note most of these fans don't belong in the category of "long suffering Wallabies fan who has been through thick and thin". That latter type is quietly pleased that Folau and Pocock are playing and are playing their cards close to their chest.

The game will be epic. It will be greatest day in Argentina's rugby history. I know they have been to a semi before but they had no hope in that one.

They will be amped.

The Australians for their part may be feeling like a team of destiny. They have a great track record in World Cups in England.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 23-10-2015 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Oddsmakers putting the SA win at $4.50. Seems generous given SA came within 5 minutes of beating the AB's earlier this season.
    not really, considering they've lost to Japan, Argentina, the Wallabies...frankly just about everyone within the last couple of years. SA just aren't that good at the moment. Could still beat us of course, but I think they would have lost against a lot of other teams this world cup. Their lineout is their only real strength right now. If the ABs win their own ball in lineouts and scrums I can't see SA doing anything.
    Last edited by hendrix; 23-10-2015 at 11:23 PM.
    Hurricane likes this.

State Captain
    I must admit that I was never a Will Carling fan when he played for England, but he seems a genuinely good bloke. And this is pretty funny:

https://www.breathesport.com/rwc-15/...-world-cup-sem
    hendrix likes this.

the SA and Argentinian ones were brilliant!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    not really, considering they've lost to Japan, Argentina, the Wallabies...frankly just about everyone within the last couple of years. SA just aren't that good at the moment. Could still beat us of course, but I think they would have lost against a lot of other teams this world cup. Their lineout is their only real strength right now. If the ABs win their own ball in lineouts and scrums I can't see SA doing anything.
    Not to mention only just scraped past a knackered and half injured Welsh side whilst the All Blacks were tearing France a new one.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

yeah.

They do have some other strengths now that I think about. I really rate De Ellende

NZ looking shaky in the first half - Kaino in the bin and too many penalties conceeded. SA leading 12-7.

Those 1.28 pre-match odds on NZ looks crazier and crazier.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information