Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Quarter-finals

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wales beat SA last November and have consistently taken Australia to the limit for years now.
    Wales fans are resigned to never beating Australia. Gone so close so often and failed it a mental thing now. Don't think they or the players believe against them at present given how many close shaves they have had.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Qas at the game last night decked out in gold and sitting next to my best mate in the uk (a scot!). I didn't want to win like that, he shrugged it off and we went and had beer. Most others in the stadium were fine, dissapointed obviously but fine.

Hope Bernard Foley cops some stick, he was horrendous, twitter/facebook etc would be all over that performance if it was Quade. 2/5 cons. Stone cold drop that led directly to 3 points from the scrum. The charge down try. And about 5 missed tackles. But he kicked the winning goal so therefore he had a good game.
    Parmi

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Qas at the game last night decked out in gold and sitting next to my best mate in the uk (a scot!). I didn't want to win like that, he shrugged it off and we went and had beer. Most others in the stadium were fine, dissapointed obviously but fine.

Hope Bernard Foley cops some stick, he was horrendous, twitter/facebook etc would be all over that performance if it was Quade. 2/5 cons. Stone cold drop that led directly to 3 points from the scrum. The charge down try. And about 5 missed tackles. But he kicked the winning goal so therefore he had a good game.
    Reminds me of Beckham against Greece in the round ball stuff when he completely wasted two dozen dead ball situations, kept giving the ball away but scored a free kick at the death so he was the 'hero'.

International Vice-Captain Niall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post

Losing that line-out with 2 minutes on the clock wasn't bad luck......

Exactly, felt really sorry for Scotland, but all they needed was one good line out and they were in a winnable semi final against Argentina. Who knows when they will get such a chance again.

International Vice-Captain Niall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    I'd say Ireland and Wales definitely back themselves to win against SA/AU.
    Ireland beat both last year. Heck Ireland beat Australia in 2011 world cup, but unfortunately for them went into hype overdrive and came crashing down against Wales.

Northern Hemisphere rugby hasn't exactly had a fun few weeks and yes like most their is a lot to learn from Southern Hemisphere, but I am not sure the gap is as monumental as some suggest.

Ireland lost four key players last week and came off a war against France while Argentina got their hardest game out of the way a month ago.

Not suggesting that a full strength Irish side would beat Argentina, but I don't think its disrespectful to Argentina to suggest it would have been much closer than Yesterday if they had at least 3 of those players.

Scotland were one good line out away from beating Australia and a Welsh side with about 2000 players injured ran Australia and South Africa very close.

Heck if North had scored a simple try last week, who knows what would have happened.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information