• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you looking forward to?

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Title says it all really. What are you looking forward to, particularly, in this World Cup? Players, games, groups etc.

On a home front, I'm looking forward to seeing our outside backs playing, namely May and Watson. This could be Watson's real breakthrough into a Lions-quality winger. Jonny May is just really quick and I love seeing that.

On the international front, I've been really impressed with Jesse Kriel and think he will do really well. I always enjoy watching the Irish, in a sadistic kind of way, so that'll be good. The Kiwis are always entertaining, as are the Aussies, and the Fijians always play with a sense of the unpredictable about them.

The only slightly disappointing thing is the relative lack of quality competitive games during the group phase, which emphasises the gulf in class between the top 7 (8/9 inc Argentina/Scotland?) and everyone else. Other than Eng vs Aus, Eng vs Wal, Wal vs Aus, Ire vs Fra, and the games between the lower seeds, there are lots of very one-sided affairs shaping up.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It might be one RWC too early for Jesse Kriel, but I think he'll end up being a Bok legend.
His partner is crime de Allende isn't bad either.

There are some terrific centres around in the world.

Kriel and de Allende are in the top 5.

Top 5 in order

Nonu
Roberts
Kriel
de Allende
Smith

England and France also have more than useful 13s.

Australia have a wealth of utility backs to play at 12 and 13 but can't seem to settle on anybody. But I have talked them down enough already.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What am I not looking forward to:

1) One of our two decent locks getting injured
2) Any injuries to anyone on any team. I want a good spectacle.

What I am looking forward to:
1) Shy English fans jumping on the bandwagon after they get out of the pool of death undefeated (and they will)
2) Maa Nonu getting picked as player of the tournament.
3) TKB not getting any playing time in a single match.
4) Jonny May running in the wrong direction at least 3 times in the tournament. England will be better off if he gets injured my earlier comment about no injuries notwithstanding.
5) Robshaw being a beast for England and being the forward of the tournament
6) Burgess being half way decent but nothing to write home about and committing various ill disciplined penalties in the heat of the moment.
7) Australia's scrum being in the top 3 units in the tournament.
8) Australia sacking their coach after the world cup
9) Argentina making the semis - they can play and they are coming on.
10) Namibia managing to lose one game by only 20 points against someone.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
His partner is crime de Allende isn't bad either.
There's a very real chance that the Boks will dominate the ABs in the next RWC cycle. For 20 years our forwards have been roughly equal, but we've had a decisive advantage in the backs. Now they're gaining Pollard, Kriel and de Allende and we're losing Carter, Nonu and C. Smith. They could be better than us for a while after this RWC.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to being able to watch the games from the first week in October, as I am away until then and wont be able to watch any of the previous games. Bit of poor planning on my part especially as there are a couple of matches in Leeds at Elland Road i could have gone to.

91Jmay

International Coach
Some brilliant centres in the world as mentioned above but I am really looking forward to watching JJ this RWC, as I fancy him as a genuine world class back. Amazing silky feet, enough physicality and very underrated distribution.

Howsie

International Captain
The All Blacks crashing out of the tournament and our media going into meltdown. Always a good laugh.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Seeing the highlights on itv player.. Have managed to download app on iPad .. This is a big plus ..can watch as I sit on the beach amongst all the Americans who have no ****** idea what RU is..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
An England vs Argentina semi-final, which is a real chance with the way the draw has fallen.

Flem274*

123/5
would love someone new and interesting to make a final against the all blacks (pls us). argentina would be good.