• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - France vs Wales

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Another missed kick. I know it was a long way out, but they need to nail those. It would be interesting to see how the French respond if Wales do nick a lead from somewhere.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't realise Martin Atkinson was reffing this match.

Seemed harsh but Wales have done well not to be overrun in the rest of that half. France don't look that good so if Hook can get his kicking boots on all hope is not lost yet.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I realise Clerc wasn't seriously injured but Warburton's spear tackle was a fair red card in my view. Real blow for Wales particularly with Adam Jones gone early. Overall I thought it was a pretty average first half, neither side making the most of their chances with Hook missing most of Wales' opportunities to score points and France bombing try scoring opportunities when they've been in the Welsh 22.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't agree. Warburton lifted him over the horizontal, yes, but he didn't slam him into the ground.

We have three back row forwards in our commentary team in Pienaar, Dallaglio and Martyn Williams and all said the same thing: Warburton hit him too well and it lifted him up. The big Welsh #7 must have a good three stone on Clerc.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How is that a spear tackle, he just hit him hard then let him go long before he hit the ground. Not his fault the surrender monkey got taken off his feet so easily.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Can't agree. Warburton lifted him over the horizontal, yes, but he didn't slam him into the ground.
Doesn't matter. The IRB sees dropping a player as equal to driving him into the ground. They have zero tolerance to spear tackles and fair enough - that was incredibly reckless from the Welsh captain. Wales still hanging in there at the moment.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Out of interest, does the Ref have the ability to confer with the TMO on such decisions (or does the TMO have the ability to let the Refs know of an incident they may have missed?)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great little show and go from the big fella.

& Jones (S) misses the conversion...

The kicking is killing the Taffs.