• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - NZ v Australia - Eden Park

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe you are calling me out on the carpet...

It was in France is all I remember - he broke the guy's nose with an upper cut during a scrum. I remember it distinctly as the commentators predicted that we would take care of business before it happened.

"Winning" may not have meant them dominating on the score board - the run of the game was in their favour and it was about 20 minutes in.

And this is what 20 years ago. I am surprised I remember this much.

And I know you know your rugby and you know that Richard Loe is capable of this.

Edit

I suspect it was this game
http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/teamsheet.asp?level1=All_Blacks&Level2=ABC&MT_ID=1922

The record shows a front rower being replaced - It lists the replaced player as a three and Loe would have packed down against the 1 - so can't answer that part.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Course I do - his eyegouging of Greg Cooper was the biggest dog act I've ever seen on a rugby field, and he is scum as far as I'm concerned.

What I am calling into question is your facts. :)