• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dan Carter ruled out of tournament

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Torn adductor muscle according to AAP. Just heard it here, apologies if already posted elsewhere.

flibbertyjibber

Might help even it all up a bit. The best team losing a major player gives the others a better chance. Still think they will win though.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worst position for us to lose a player. The backup at first-five is atrocious. Colin Slade leading us to a World Cup win? I can't see it. Weepu will end up getting a lot of minutes at 10.

flibbertyjibber

Well it would have to be SA to beat you then as nobody in the other half will should you reach the final and the way the Aussies are playing they would get beaten anyway.

Burgey

BULL ****. I don't believe this!!!!

you guys are lying right???
No mate, unfortunately not.

And I say that as an Australian.

At WCs in any sport, you want to see the best players in action from every country, IMO. He is certainly one of them.

I'm not the biggest rugby fan going, personally because over here it's mostly played by private school Nancy Boys born with a silver spoon up their arses, unlike in countries like NZ. But from what little I know, I don't think the ABs can win it without him.

Thoughts of others on that?

ripper868

International Coach
I'm not the biggest rugby fan going, personally because over here it's mostly played by private school Nancy Boys born with a silver spoon up their arses, unlike in countries like NZ. But from what little I know, I don't think the ABs can win it without him.
Mate, I like you, but every second post you're making has this silver spoon remark in it. Frankly it's bull****. If someone was to post about NRL players being wife-beating pill popping lowest common denominator with no career prospects after football and an IQ equivalent to the number on their back you'd prob call me out on it as well.

Do agree that is a tragedy to see Carter out as you do want the best players playing for every team. Wish him a speedy recovery and best wishes to the NZ economy :ph34r:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Goes without saying that this is terrible news for not just AB supporters but fans of the game in general. Been a difficult year for Carter with a quite a long injury layoff during Super Rugby and his form not quite reaching the standards we've come to expect. Then hes missed every second AB test this year anyway (Fiji, South Africa, Japan, now Canada and obviously the remainder of the tournament). Places a lot of pressure on Slade and Weepu - I'd have gone with Weepu but the selectors seem intent on Slade. I imagine Cruden will be called up as replacement; hes had an excellent ITM Cup but to expect him to contribute anything besides at training is asking too much of a player at this stage of the tournament.

Quaggas

State Captain
Bad news, certainly, but frankly the AB are still going to win.

Edit: Have to feel bad for Carter - so many missed Web Ellii, and the minute he's out, they win!

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Weepu did not cover himself with glory in his 30 minutes at the helm a poor up and under. An aimless kick for territory that wasn't deep enough. Two or three poor passes that created turnovers.
But on the other hand a great short kicking game, and a nice line break, and he went 4/4 with his kicking.

Better than Slade I thought primarily due to the goalkicking aspect.

Play Weepu in the quarters -

Who would you play - I know Somers answer (Weepu) and Athlai's answer (Slade) what say the rest of you...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Weepu did not cover himself with glory in his 30 minutes at the helm a poor up and under. An aimless kick for territory that wasn't deep enough. Two or three poor passes that created turnovers.
But on the other hand a great short kicking game, and a nice line break, and he went 4/4 with his kicking.

Better than Slade I thought primarily due to the goalkicking aspect.

Play Weepu in the quarters -

Who would you play - I know Somers answer (Weepu) and Athlai's answer (Slade) what say the rest of you...
3 of his kicks at goal were in front though.

Cowan to start with Slade and have Weepu cover both on the bench.