Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Knockout Stage - General Discussion

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Why the hell did England get the throw to the lineout when it came off the Englishman's back
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Once they were gifted a big lead. It's not hard to play with confidence when your opponents do what England have done this morning
    Dunno, that first try was pretty special. Actually, both tries were. It's demonstrated the difference between giving away a lot of penalties against Argentina or Ireland in a warm-up match and giving away a lot of penalties against France.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

It's like the rugby team has inherited all the traits of the football side.

You've got overpaid prima donnas, aging players not performing being picked on what they did years ago, yob behaviour, appealing to the referee to get decisions, soft laughably inept collapses, total lack of discipline.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Well this cup was fun while it lasted I guess.

Why couldn't the **** France have turned up today?
    I hope for England's sake that they didn't expect the poor France -

Nothing more depressing than knowing we should be in this, but we're quite literally throwing everything away.
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

Engerlund need to score first after half time with a converted try and it is game on.

England's centre must be the best in the world at the moment. He MUST be given the ball at every opportunity.

FRance with some aimless kicks to start this half - looks like they might try to try to sit on their lead.

This could pllay into England's hands.

French 6 and 7 are having blinders.

They're 100 kilos short in the scrum and still all over it. England really, really miss Sheridan.

I just don't get Wilkinson taking all the kicks.

The penalties being kicked into touch he just chips them about 10-15 yards. The only one he hit further was the borderline 3-point kick which went into the corner at the start of the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Dunno, that first try was pretty special. Actually, both tries were. It's demonstrated the difference between giving away a lot of penalties against Argentina or Ireland in a warm-up match and giving away a lot of penalties against France.
    tbh I'm relying on the commentary on the Guardian's website. Sounds like he went through a lot of English tackles - the sort of try that's described as brilliant or shoddy defending depending on your perspective, I suppose.

Your 2nd point is spot on, of course. And, as Scaly and I have indicated, why the hell hasn't Johnson dealt with that level of indiscipline? And even a six point lead is enough to restore confidence after what had gone before for them.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Difference in the sides was Jamie Roberts - literally. He was involved in the lead up to at least two tries.
    The difference was bigger than that. Warburton was superb, Chateris was good until he went off. Wales just the better team on the day. The Irish (especially O'Gara) made some unforced tactical kicking errors that cost them at times. Great game though. Fantastic to watch.

Unlike this one, where the 2nd half has been scratchy with plenty of errors from both sides. If the winner plays like this, then Wales have a fair chance at making the final.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Unlike this one, where the 2nd half has been scratchy with plenty of errors from both sides. If the winner plays like this, then Wales have a fair chance at making the final.
    Wales beat England in one of the warm-up games didn't they? No reason at all to think they wouldn't repeat it if England somehow win this game.

Talking of which, at least it is a match now. I can see us maybe passing France's current total, but I just don't see us not conceding any more. Another French try and this is all over.

Bloody good match this half. If only, if only.

One try and we're back in this, ofc, but if the French score next i suspect it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    tbh I'm relying on the commentary on the Guardian's website. Sounds like he went through a lot of English tackles - the sort of try that's described as brilliant or shoddy defending depending on your perspective, I suppose.
    Needless to say it was a bit of both. But Clerc's been scoring bollockloads of tries in spots where he has no right to for as long as I've been watching rugby so I'm generally inclined to give him credit.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information