• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Knockout Stage - General Discussion

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Engerlund need to score first after half time with a converted try and it is game on.

England's centre must be the best in the world at the moment. He MUST be given the ball at every opportunity.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
FRance with some aimless kicks to start this half - looks like they might try to try to sit on their lead.

This could pllay into England's hands.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're 100 kilos short in the scrum and still all over it. England really, really miss Sheridan.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just don't get Wilkinson taking all the kicks.

The penalties being kicked into touch he just chips them about 10-15 yards. The only one he hit further was the borderline 3-point kick which went into the corner at the start of the second half.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno, that first try was pretty special. Actually, both tries were. It's demonstrated the difference between giving away a lot of penalties against Argentina or Ireland in a warm-up match and giving away a lot of penalties against France.
tbh I'm relying on the commentary on the Guardian's website. Sounds like he went through a lot of English tackles - the sort of try that's described as brilliant or shoddy defending depending on your perspective, I suppose.

Your 2nd point is spot on, of course. And, as Scaly and I have indicated, why the hell hasn't Johnson dealt with that level of indiscipline? And even a six point lead is enough to restore confidence after what had gone before for them.

HeathDavisSpeed

Difference in the sides was Jamie Roberts - literally. He was involved in the lead up to at least two tries.
The difference was bigger than that. Warburton was superb, Chateris was good until he went off. Wales just the better team on the day. The Irish (especially O'Gara) made some unforced tactical kicking errors that cost them at times. Great game though. Fantastic to watch.

Unlike this one, where the 2nd half has been scratchy with plenty of errors from both sides. If the winner plays like this, then Wales have a fair chance at making the final.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Unlike this one, where the 2nd half has been scratchy with plenty of errors from both sides. If the winner plays like this, then Wales have a fair chance at making the final.
Wales beat England in one of the warm-up games didn't they? No reason at all to think they wouldn't repeat it if England somehow win this game.

Talking of which, at least it is a match now. I can see us maybe passing France's current total, but I just don't see us not conceding any more. Another French try and this is all over.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bloody good match this half. If only, if only.

One try and we're back in this, ofc, but if the French score next i suspect it's all over.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh I'm relying on the commentary on the Guardian's website. Sounds like he went through a lot of English tackles - the sort of try that's described as brilliant or shoddy defending depending on your perspective, I suppose.
Needless to say it was a bit of both. But Clerc's been scoring bollockloads of tries in spots where he has no right to for as long as I've been watching rugby so I'm generally inclined to give him credit.

Scaly piscine

Finish the game off with a penalty. How appropriate.

Ready the rotten fruit. Line the useless ****ers up.

Wow the post could have kept England alive there.