Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Knockout Stage - General Discussion

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    I hope he doesn't get game time. He doesn't pass the ball very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Didn't expect to see Cruden on the bench so soon.
    Had any of Dagg/Guildford/Kahui been available I have my doubts whether Cruden would've been included, as the injuries to all of those players might've forced the selectors hand to include Cruden on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I believe that France will get up over England primarily because they have the better kicker. Discuss...
    Thats a big call after France's rather woeful performance against Tonga. They've really struggled to find any form this tournament - even their victories over Japan and Canada were in doubt until late in those matches. Yachvili's certainly been kicking well though Toby Flood's playing at 12 and should Wilkinson continue to struggle with his goalkicking then I envisage Flood taking over. In saying all of that, I still think France have a reasonable chance. England have faced an old Argentina side, a very disappointing Scottish outfit and some minnows with little attacking prowess in their group, and I think they're vulnerable on defence against sides who actually have the ability to finish try scoring moves. France on their day certainly fit that bill. England's penalty count has also been terrible throughout the tournament and in a possible low-scoring match (what matches involving England are high scoring? ) that could be crucial.

Feels like you are sitting on the fence a bit but leaning towards England.

I just don't see England scoring many tries - and I see the French lifting for the affair.

Feels like you are sitting on the fence a bit but leaning towards England.

I just don't see England scoring many tries - and I see the French lifting for the affair.
    Yeh I'm a bit hesistant to call a French victory the match after they lose to Tonga. I guess I'm giving the French credit based on their performances against the ABs in matches they supposedly had no chance in, although their odds are a bit better against a slightly out of sorts England side.

Looking forward to the matches tonight, tipping Wales to overcome Ireland after a series of good performances in their group matches.

I have tipped Wales to win as well. But really Ireland did beat Aussie so we should be listing them as favourites.

My reason for tipping them was their win over Samoa - although they only won by 7 points they seemed to have the game under control for the most part.

What do you think of this number 12 for Wales surely the second best 12 in the world - better than Sonny Bill for my money.

I have tipped Wales to win as well. But really Ireland did beat Aussie so we should be listing them as favourites.

My reason for tipping them was their win over Samoa - although they only won by 7 points they seemed to have the game under control for the most part.

What do you think of this number 12 for Wales surely the second best 12 in the world - better than Sonny Bill for my money.
    Jamie Roberts has really impressed me this tournament, such a powerful runner. I think Nonu's been superb as well. SBW offers something different to both Roberts and Nonu with his offloads and trickery, so its a bit of a difficult comparision.

Wales perhaps a bit fortunate to lead at halftime, besides their breakout which lead to Williams; try in the first 5 minutes they've hardly made progress into the Irish half. Ireland on the other hand, admittedly with the wind, have certainly looked the more dominant side on attack although seem to suffering with the problem of a number of the NH sides whereby they create territorial pressure but can't score from it.

True enough - but that NH lack of finishing is why I am backing the French in a kicking duel.

Supporting Wales solely because of my call in the tipping thread.

Doesn't seem right somehow.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

The Welsh have dominated the last half an hour or so. If they'd made their kicks they'd be out of sight.

That's pretty much that, then. Sizeable victory in the end, well played.

I called Wales by 5

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Glad I didn't get up for that then. I'll be cheering on Wales in the semi for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Difference in the sides was Jamie Roberts - literally. He was involved in the lead up to at least two tries.

Lets Go France!

I still remember how much Steve Thompson pissed me off 8 years ago when we'd lose half our line-ups. Took him 3 minutes to kill a great attacking platform.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information