Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Knockout Stage - General Discussion

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Francois Pienaar having a massive whinge about the penalty on our coverage up here. Matfield laid hands on Samo at the line-out; she's a pen.

Lawrence made several dubious calls to pick on so it seems like the worst case of sour grapes ever to moan about one of the minority he got right.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Francois Pienaar having a massive whinge about the penalty on our coverage up here. Matfield laid hands on Samo at the line-out; she's a pen.

Lawrence made several dubious calls to pick on so it seems like the worst case of sour grapes ever to moan about one of the minority he got right.
    I think it's fair to say SA had ample chances. 75% of the game played in our half.

Mind you, Matfield played a blinder.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?

There was two penalties in the lineout, the Matfield one but it was the Saffie #4 that conceded it, took out Samo's legs when he was in the air.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    quite pleased right now.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Early call:

Slade MOTM
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Fantastic match to watch. Do feel for the Boks who dominated in everything but the scoreline. 75% territory and making the opposition make three times as many tackles and still losing is almost unheard of (although I do remember similar statistics for a team that lost a match in Cardiff four years ago, slips my mind what team that was). I'm not saying every one of Pocock's turnovers was legal but his efforts were tremendous. Big game from Horwill too. Genia was also great and he had to be given Cooper's ineptitude. Not sure whether it was through being directed to or his own decision, but Bryce Lawrence seemed awefully leniant on potential infringements - I imagine most South African fans will be commenting a lot regarding his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    There was two penalties in the lineout, the Matfield one but it was the Saffie #4 that conceded it, took out Samo's legs when he was in the air.
    Thought that was the touch judge ****ing up the call to be honest. My reading was that he mistook Matfield for Rossouw.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7

Actually I think the assistant referee called that penalty on Roussouw for taking out Samo's legs, not Matfield dragging him down - he definitely said the penalty was against number 4 (Roussouw) when talking with Lawrence.

Edit: Ah too slow, already discussed above.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Thought that was the touch judge ****ing up the call to be honest. My reading was that he mistook Matfield for Rossouw.
    Nah Rossouw definitely took Samo's legs out for mine, but the Matfield hands was also a penalty imo.

No problems with Lawrence. You get 'em for and against.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaggas View Post
    No problems with Lawrence. You get 'em for and against.
    Yeah, he was generally merde, but didn't seem to favour one side over the other especially.

Crumb of comfort for NZ: no team who's lost a game in the tournament has ever won the cup. The only unbeaten team remaining...?

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Fantastic match to watch. Do feel for the Boks who dominated in everything but the scoreline. 75% territory and making the opposition make three times as many tackles and still losing is almost unheard of (although I do remember similar statistics for a team that lost a match in Cardiff four years ago, slips my mind what team that was). I'm not saying every one of Pocock's turnovers was legal but his efforts were tremendous. Big game from Horwill too. Genia was also great and he had to be given Cooper's ineptitude. Not sure whether it was through being directed to or his own decision, but Bryce Lawrence seemed awefully leniant on potential infringements - I imagine most South African fans will be commenting a lot regarding his performance.
    Lawrence was helping the all blacks out by getting rid of the superior team.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Horwill got the only try - he Oconnor, Pocock - were the three that kept their head's when the pressure came on.

I think Barnes has to play McCabe missed a tackle early and if he is in the team to tackle then that is inexcusable.

DeVilliers played the best I have ever seen him play.

I think SA lost the game on the try. They won a line out on their 5M line and tried to run it out of their own goal line. Why I will never know but it wasn't percentage rugby - just kick the thing up the field.

Also the typical SA game is up and unders and plenty of penalty kicks. Australia just wouldn't infringe and I am not sure why SA didn't do more up and unders when they did them Aussie looked shaky.

I did back Aussie to win but not like that. I expected their running game to be too much for SA. But Aussie didn't really run it - they wanted to play territory instead. Which just meant kicking the ball away to SA.

I think to beat the ABs Australia must try to use their forwards to muscle it up and then spin the ball wide. Enough of this kicking for territory unless they are in their own 22.

Poor coaching from Robbie Deans he is lucky to get the win - it, the win, was against the run of the game and only happened because Pocock created important turnovers - and SA dropped the ball at vital times.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Early call:

Slade MOTM
    I think a victory for him would be finishing the full 80 without getting subbed off.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    Lawrence was helping the all blacks out by getting rid of the superior team.
    NZ's belated revenge for Suzie the waitress from 95.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information