• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Knockout Stage - General Discussion

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow.

Talk about one against the head. Imagine what Oz could do in they had a scrum or an outside half.

It was the breakdown that won it for them.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crucial play late from Barnes to kick to the corner there.

Bloody heart stopper that.

Agree Horwell and Pocock were the awesome. Beiber was awesome on Suisse too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Francois Pienaar having a massive whinge about the penalty on our coverage up here. Matfield laid hands on Samo at the line-out; she's a pen.

Lawrence made several dubious calls to pick on so it seems like the worst case of sour grapes ever to moan about one of the minority he got right.

Burgey

Francois Pienaar having a massive whinge about the penalty on our coverage up here. Matfield laid hands on Samo at the line-out; she's a pen.

Lawrence made several dubious calls to pick on so it seems like the worst case of sour grapes ever to moan about one of the minority he got right.
I think it's fair to say SA had ample chances. 75% of the game played in our half.

Mind you, Matfield played a blinder.

benchmark00

There was two penalties in the lineout, the Matfield one but it was the Saffie #4 that conceded it, took out Samo's legs when he was in the air.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic match to watch. Do feel for the Boks who dominated in everything but the scoreline. 75% territory and making the opposition make three times as many tackles and still losing is almost unheard of (although I do remember similar statistics for a team that lost a match in Cardiff four years ago, slips my mind what team that was). I'm not saying every one of Pocock's turnovers was legal but his efforts were tremendous. Big game from Horwill too. Genia was also great and he had to be given Cooper's ineptitude. Not sure whether it was through being directed to or his own decision, but Bryce Lawrence seemed awefully leniant on potential infringements - I imagine most South African fans will be commenting a lot regarding his performance.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There was two penalties in the lineout, the Matfield one but it was the Saffie #4 that conceded it, took out Samo's legs when he was in the air.
Thought that was the touch judge ****ing up the call to be honest. My reading was that he mistook Matfield for Rossouw.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year

Actually I think the assistant referee called that penalty on Roussouw for taking out Samo's legs, not Matfield dragging him down - he definitely said the penalty was against number 4 (Roussouw) when talking with Lawrence.

Edit: Ah too slow, already discussed above.