• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Fiji, Nambia, Samoa, South Africa, Wales

James

Cricket Web Owner
10 September 2011
15:30 Fiji v Namibia Rotorua International Stadium, Rotorua
Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)

11 September 2011
20:30 South Africa v Wales Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington
Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)

14 September 2011
14:30 Samoa v Namibia Rotorua International Stadium, Rotorua
Referee: Romain Poite (France)

17 September 2011
18:00 South Africa v Fiji Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington
Referee: Romain Poite (France)

18 September 2011
15:30 Wales v Samoa Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
Referee: Alain Rolland (Ireland)

22 September 2011
20:00 South Africa v Namibia North Harbour Stadium, Auckland
Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)

25 September 2011
15:30 Fiji v Samoa Eden Park, Auckland
Referee: Bryce Lawrence (New Zealand)

26 September 2011
19:30 Wales v Namibia Stadium Taranaki, New Plymouth
Referee: Steve Walsh (Australia)

30 September 2011
20:30 South Africa v Samoa North Harbour Stadium, Auckland
Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)

2 October 2011
18:00 Wales v Fiji Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Men of Harlech, march to glory,
Victory is hovering o'er ye,
Bright-eyed freedom stands before ye,
Hear ye not her call?

Scratch that.

Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven
Feed me till I want no more (want no more)
Feeeeeed me till I want no more!

Now wanting to watch the last few rousing frames of Zulu.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Choice of the groups by quite a way for my pound. Whilst SA should win it there are three teams with a proper shout at second.

Absolute agreement with Heef too, the Taffs have an awful record against the pacific islands in world cups. Lost to Western Samoa (as was) in 1991 & Manu Samoa in 1999 and obviously yer Fijians last time round. Think one of them a great shout at knocking them over again.

Samoa coming off arguably their best ever result too, second string Wobblies or not.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wales will lose to either Fiji, Samoa or both. In fact, I'm so confident of this, I think I'll bet on it.
Based on your domestic rugby tipping form I'll back Wales to top the group then. :ph34r:

In all seriousness, certainly the pool with the most interest. As I've mentioned already I'd love for one of the Islands to make it past the group stage and in Samoa and Fiji, and a vulnerable Welsh side to face, they're certainly a chance.

EddieM

Cricket Spectator
Probably the best group :D

Hopefully Samoa can get something out of there game against Wales and knock them out!

ripper868

International Coach
Anyone see that Penalty goal buy the Namibia 10?

55 metres - solid! and the 45 metre droppy as well.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Tried to get through the main bits of this game this evening, the Namibian flyhalf Kotze looked very impressive and composed - think he equalled the record for most dropkicks in a WC match behind De Beer in 1999. Also not a bad outing for the Fijian wing Goneva, with four tries to his name - throws those people betting on tournament top try scorer into a bit of a dilemna.

chalky

International Debutant
Wales putting up a decent effort in the 1st half especially after conceding the try so early. Pretty attritional stuff from both sides but still quite absorbing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thought the floodgates might open after they went behind so early on, but the Leekists have really fronted up to Johnny Bok.

Definitely still in this.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloody hell.

Seriously good work from the Leekists. Warburton has been immense, ruling the breakdown.

Have to point out that they look better now they have some English blood in the team: Warburton, North, Lydiate, Charteris, etc. :ph34r:

chalky

International Debutant
The welsh back row is having a stormer the number 7 is giving one of the most complete performances you are likely to see absolutely dominating the breakdown. Only Burger standing up for South Africa.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And that's that. Wales just not quite clinical enough in the end, must be ruing taking the extra couple of minutes to get started.