• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Fiji, Nambia, Samoa, South Africa, Wales

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poor form from Brussouw, unfortunately it seems to be a trend at this World Cup for players to go down far too easily. I don't think Paul Williams can have any compaints about his red card - it was a dumb thing for him to slap Brussouw in the face - but Brussouw certainly milked it.
Yeah it is nothing new, Habana likes a dive as well but this isn’t football and when a 100kg+ guy gives you a slap, I would expect it would hurt to some an extent. Looked bad though for Brussouw as he was giving the guy a few tasty hits before he took one to the face.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Owens had a poor game. He didn't control the game, too many inconsistencies and missed a couple of glaring infringements. It did kind of even out in the end, but that's by-the-by.

Lemmie (sic.) was superb.
Assistant Barnes was awful as well. Owens gave the players too much rope, should have carded a few guys early on as the crap around the breakdown and scrum continued for the entire game.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
All Samoa brought to the table was niggle. Seemed more interested in off the ball hits then getting into the quarters. Disappointing effort as they came into this WC with some hype and it was a home WC for the most of their guys.
DWTA

They played their little hearts out. It was a true world cup game. And SA were just as guilty of off the ball incidents including a slap to the face in the 1st half that the victim got a warning for.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
****. Was looking the biz at centre.

Frans Steyn out of WC
After his performances in the Tri Nations I thought he might be shown up in the World Cup but he'd been brilliant at 12 so far. Fortunate in the sense that Jean de Villiers is just returning and can slot back into Steyn's position but its hardly an ideal scenario for SA. Takes away the potential for the Springboks to convert penalties from 60+ metres out too.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought something like this might've happened, particularly after earlier in the week Tuilagi was fined for his sponsored mouthguard but England weren't for their swapping of balls used to kick conversions. Completely uncalled for and shows a real lack of maturity from that Samoan player, who I actually was really impressive with during the match.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Embarrassing scoreline, put aside their win over Namibia and its been a horrible World Cup for Fiji, especially after making the quarter finals four years ago.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wales have been impressive so far. Should have beaten SA and cruised the rest of the group games, the match with Ireland next week could be the hardest one to call of all the quarters.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
After his performances in the Tri Nations I thought he might be shown up in the World Cup but he'd been brilliant at 12 so far. Fortunate in the sense that Jean de Villiers is just returning and can slot back into Steyn's position but its hardly an ideal scenario for SA. Takes away the potential for the Springboks to convert penalties from 60+ metres out too.
Zane Kirchner Steyn's replacement. Doesn't make much sense given Lambie is at 15 and Gio Aplon would fit in there while utility back Ruan Pienaar can also play 15. Would have gone for another forward myself. Heard that they sounded out if Juan Smith could make it but it was too early for Smith. Still hasn't got back to playing Currie Cup rugby.

I would go with Butch at 12 for the Aus game. JdV to stay on the bench and he can cover for Habana as well.
Huge loss and as you say, the Boks will need to change their style now.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Because that tweet didn't get him in enough trouble, he failed to turn up to the disciplinary hearing then made another inappropriate tweet below...seriously this guy is making himself look like an absolute clown.
Suspended Gloucester centre Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu has once again hit out at the International Rugby Board on Twitter.

The Samoa international will face a World Cup misconduct hearing on Saturday after accusing Welsh referee Nigel Owens of bias during Samoa's defeat to South Africa in their final pool match. And the 30-year-old has now risked further wrath from the IRB by accusing them of failing to acknowledge the anniversary of the Samoan tsunami disaster that claimed the lives of 143 people.

"Our dead not good enough" he said in a Twitter message on Thursday."Minute of silence for USA for 9/11, nothing for Samoa for tsunami. Both games played anniversary days. Our dead not good enough."

The IRB responded by telling AFP, "As agreed with the Samoa Rugby Union, the date was respectfully commemorated with a public address immediately prior to kick-off and also the wearing of black armbands to remember those who tragically lost their lives."