• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - Australia, Ireland, Italy, Russia, United States

James

Cricket Web Owner
11 September 2011
15:30 Australia v Italy North Harbour Stadium, Auckland
Referee: Alain Rolland (Ireland)

11 September 2011
18:00 Ireland v United States Stadium Taranaki, New Plymouth
Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)

15 September 2011
19:30 Russia v United States Stadium Taranaki, New Plymouth
Referee: Dave Pearson (England)

17 September 2011
20:30 Australia v Ireland Eden Park, Auckland
Referee: Bryce Lawrence (New Zealand)

20 September 2011
19:30 Italy v Russia Trafalgar Park, Nelson
Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)

23 September 2011
20:30 Australia v United States Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington
Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)

25 September 2011
18:00 Ireland v Russia Rotorua International Stadium, Rotorua
Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)

27 September 2011
19:30 Italy v United States Trafalgar Park, Nelson
Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)

1 October 2011
15:30 Australia v Russia Trafalgar Park, Nelson
Referee: Bryce Lawrence (New Zealand)

2 October 2011
20:30 Ireland v Italy Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin
Referee: Jonathan Kaplan (South Africa)

ripper868

International Coach
Arguably the easiest pool IMO

While Italy have improved I don't see them beating a full strenght Wobbles or Micks. The Cold war match will be intersting though.

EddieM

Cricket Spectator
I agree. Although i would love it if Italy could cause an upset I can't see it happening.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Diggers to be first try scorer.

Going to be a good test for our forwards today. Italy aren't the worst in that area.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Australia - Italy simply a less skilled team - dropped passes - the occassional poor kick - no attempt to open the game up when down by 10 points in the 2nd half.

But you will only ever see these great 1st half performances in world cups as the underdog seems to grow an arm and a leg for these tournaments. NZ's performance against Tonga is starting to look fine now.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny how the introduction of O'Connor immediately resulted in Australia going on a try scoring rampage. Was hoping Italy would stay in touch with the Wallabies but to be fair they barely looked like scoring until Parisse badly messed up a pushover try in the final few minutes. I don't get to see Parisse play much and while he was quite impressive, I'm not yet in the camp that rates him as one of the 2-3 best number 8s in world rugby. For those that rate Castogiovanni as a scrummager, I can see that rationale, but he did nothing around the field. As for the Wallabies, I still maintain that Australia would be better off with O'Connor and AAC at 12 and 13 so it'll be interesting to see if Deans changes the Australian side up for their weaker pool matches; I can't imagine he'll make many changes at all for their next match against Ireland.