Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby world cup fever

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Sorry didn't word my post very well at all; Australia's definitely a fancied nation. Meant to say that I'm hoping they can get a similar result against one of the better sides (Australia included) at RWC.
    Fancy them to beat the Welsh, who look in awful shape but Fiji beat Samoa a week ago or so and said Fiji side then lost to Japan. Their group D opponents, South Africa usually match up well against Island sides, can match them physically and more often than not, they beat them by just executing the basics better.

It was a great result for Samoa however it was a second string Aus side (who is Nick Phipps?) and an Aus side that approached the game like it was a Super 15 fixture. Hospital passers thrown all over the shop while their forwards were complete powderpuff - Higginbotham did a Pierre Spies and spent most of the time when he was on hanging out with the backs while the likes of Elsom and Gits are simply there on rep. Should be a different kettle of fish next week but Deans does have a shocking record as Aus coach. Losses to Scotland, Munster and now Samoa, at home, he canít afford to get turned over by a 3rd string Bok side next week.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    we will win this for sure.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Phipps is the Melbourne Rebels halfback - was their player of the year IIRC.

I thought Higginbotham played well given his opportunities - he is there to be a runner and linebreaker - he showed his skills in setting up Giteau and again with his grubber and chase into the corner. The issue was the tight 5 did jack all work in the forwards - which meant the flankers couldn't do their jobs as pilferers. Timani is a joke - waste of space selection that was. Vickerman looked to be the only forward who enjoyed contact and the Props did bugger all around the park (or at scrumtime).

Again though, full credit to Samoa, they beat us in every facet of play and will be a real handful come world cup if they continue to play with that amount of commitment.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Really can't wait for this

When does it start? I know its later this year but not sure on when exactly.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieM View Post

Masta says you gone and got the fever.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

just seen this - Woo subforum

Much less into rugby than cricket, but I'm an absolute sucker for the World Cup.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieM View Post

I am impressed that so many of your first posts are rugby related...have you played? are you a big fan?

I'm a big fan Although i do play a bit i much prefer to watch rugby.

In 1986 we lost the Bledisloe and won the world cup in 1987. Some people feel we are going against history if we win against Aussie on Saturday night. Looking forward to the game to see the Aussie backs in action - and might cheer for Aussie.

Nah, you blokes will smoke us - you'll win every trophy available to you this year. Wallabies have no chance.

Well, pull up your socks - if anyone can stop the AB juggernaut, it's Ostralia. My faith in PdV and his merry band of wankers is not at an all time high.

That said, there is only one team one can conceivably support...

Nah, we have no chance at all, nothing can stop the experience of this All Black Juggernaught. Nothing. Might as well start engraving the trophy really.

Our "juggernaut" is heavily dependent on numbers 7 and 10 with no like replacements if injured.

Also every fricking time we are the juggernaut - some injury or cockiness seeps into our play.

I hope with all my heart we lose on Saturday it will make us hungry.

I am thinking of buying one of the new AB jerseys despite the advice you can get them cheaper online.

Don't want to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaggas View Post
    Well, pull up your socks - if anyone can stop the AB juggernaut, it's Ostralia. My faith in PdV and his merry band of wankers is not at an all time high.

That said, there is only one team one can conceivably support...
    Quaggas - Rugby Union Sim see this thread and sign up if you are interested need a front row.

Hurricane you and the rest of the country might as well buy the "2011 World Champions" t-shirts now. It is a foregone conclusion. There is no way anybody can beat the All Blacks in New Zealand.

The same way no team can beat the crusaders in finals...

Yes I am doing the old heap praise on NZ and hope the rest of NZ does the same so they forget to play their semi-final match again - it is their god given right after all.
    Last edited by ripper868; 05-08-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information