• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well done England

nibbs

International Captain
Pretty good game. Would have liked to have seen more running rugby, put it wasn't that bad. Well done England, deserved winners of the 2003 Rugby Union World Cup.

Rogers must be a hated man in Australia now. What a goose...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I never watched any of it (but did have scoreflashes sent to my PC).

Finally, can the morons in the media stop rattling on about 1966 and Hurst?

(all other future sporting comparisons to relate to 2003 and Wilkinson in 5....4....3....)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Ooohhh Well , sh*t happens

They played very well & to be completely honest they were just the better team on the day.

Wait till the next Ashes though..............Grrr:!(

Thats besides the point , well done England ,(bout time aswell):)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
Finally, can the morons in the media stop rattling on about 1966 and Hurst?
Note the comparisons.

Opposition equalize with last kick of normal time after England should've been awarded the free kick / penalty.

England's hero scores in the last minute to clinch the trophy.

Erm, that's it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Note the comparisons.

Opposition equalize with last kick of normal time after England should've been awarded the free kick / penalty.

England's hero scores in the last minute to clinch the trophy.

Erm, that's it.
Coming shortly....

England pick a player for the next world cup called Astle

Andre

International Regular
Contratulations England - I take my hat off to you.

6 years of preparation culminates in the greatest reward - and thouroughly deserved, as much as it pains me to see Australia lose.

Well done.

PS: Nibblet, you have to be the sorest loser in the world. Since NZ lost, you've acted like a 5 year old.

Craig

World Traveller
They said on the news today that Wilkinson is going to get a MBE or a possibility of getting one or even the chance of a knighthood?

Surely Woodward would get knighted for what he has done for English rugby, English sport and for the English publ;ic.

After all you Poms could need somebody to gloat about.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr. Ponting said:
Not wanting to complain, but drop goals should be one point like league!:!(
It's not like it would have made any difference, is it?

You want to watch a game which is running-based, watch League, if you don't, watch Union.

Rules have been like that for several years now and I didn't notice you whining before.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Either way, England would of won Guy.
Wilkinson scored a drop goal in regulation time. We would have won by two points and there would have been no need for the extra time.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr. Ponting said:
Wilkinson scored a drop goal in regulation time. We would have won by two points and there would have been no need for the extra time.
You are imagining things

5-0 Tuqiri Try (5)
5-3 Wilkinson Pen (11)
5-6 Wilkinson Pen (20)
5-9 Wilkinson Pen (27)
5-14 Robinson Try (38)

8-14 Flatley Pen (47)
11-14 Flatley Pen (60)
14-14 Flatley Pen (80)

14-17 Wilkinson Pen (83)
17-17 Flatley Pen (98)
17-20 Wilkinson Drop (100)

Wilkinson missed three drops and Catt one, that's all...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr. Ponting said:
Australia to retrospectively push for a rule change in 5...4....3....

Anyway, he didn't (and if they were only worth 1 point each, the game would take on a completely different complexion)

A good point, though. I would go further - reduce the conversion and penalties to 1 point too, but be far stricter regarding infringements (especially regarding the awatding of penalty tries)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. Ponting said:
Had the ref done his job properly in the last 2 or 3 minutes, there would've been no need for extra time anyway.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Australia to retrospectively push for a rule change in 5...4....3....

Anyway, he didn't (and if they were only worth 1 point each, the game would take on a completely different complexion)

A good point, though. I would go further - reduce the conversion and penalties to 1 point too, but be far stricter regarding infringements (especially regarding the awatding of penalty tries)
Then introduce a 5th tackle rule and get rid of the two superfluous players, and we're sorted!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to the English on finally winning another world cup (of any sort) the english team played well and deserved to win on the day, the refereeing wasn't great but well decisions went both ways so thats really irrelevant. ohh and the Crowds from both sides were vocal yet well behaved good to see :)

on the Aussie team, ok, now we can get rif of damn Jones as Coach and Larkham can retire. Giteau should have been left on after Larkham went off the first time and sailor shouldn't have played at all. hopefully we will get it right for the next world cup :(

also good to see |Sugby is going to take league head on in NSW especially, much better game, even if teams can win kicking penalties and drop goals;)

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
If anyone here knows Jonny Wilkinson can they pass on this message:

YOU SORRY LITTLE BA****D, YOU'LL WISH YOU NEVER KICKED THAT GOAL YOU CHEATING POMMY IDIOT. (i would have used stronger language but i couldn't)

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
AND THEY DID NOT DESERVE THE DAMN THING, WE DID, WE'RE AUSSIE, WE OWN SPORT. JUST YOU WAIT ENGLAND UNTIL THE NEXT ASHES SERIES