• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Migara
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Migara, I've deleted your post in the McGrath vs Wasim poll. Please don't accuse members of being a duplicate account, even in a joking manner. If you have any such suspicions, please contact the Mods and let us handle it.
    @ Marcuss:

cntd . ..

Lahiru Thirimanne is a compact opener. May get in to Dilshan's place when he hangs his boots. Like Inidan big four Dilshan, Sanga, Mahela and Sam will leave in very close succession. In five seasons later this will probably be the SL line up, if Thushara and Malinga stays fit.

Tharanga Paranavithana, Lahiru Thirimanne, Banuka Rajapakshe, Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal, Kaushal Silva (wk), Thlina Kandambi, Suraj Randiv, Sachithra Senanayake, Thilan Thushara, Lasith Malinga
    @ Marcuss: There are few BTW.

Angelo Mathews will be promoted to #5 when Sam retires, and then to #4 when Mahela retires. Kaushal Silva is a wicket keeper bataman and likely to replace PJ for overseas tours out of the sub continent. Dinesh Chandimal is also a wicket keeper batsman, but would play as a batsman in test matches and as a keeper in ODIs. Then we have Thilina Kandambi, who'll be in ripe 30s in few seasons time and most probalby will bat at #7, after Kaushal Silva. There is room for improvement for Kapugedara. Bhanuka Rajapakshe is a young player in Jayasuriya mould.
    Who are the next breed of SL batsmen to replace Jayawardene, Sanga and Samaraweera in a few years?
    The insult I was referring to was 'acting like a prick' that I edited out. Its obvious that people are at each others throats in that thread, that sort of posting won't help. Please don't persist with such posting.
    Migara,
    I've deleted your post regarding Taipan in the Greatest All-Rounder thread. Please don't insult other members. If you have a problem with a member or something they said, report it to the mods. Thanks.
    Hey mate,

Was wondering if you could spare a few seconds to complete my survey. Would be much appreciated.

Monash University Survey | Qualtrics Survey Software
    Hmm interesting. I definately have a few querries:

- Why wouldn't you start Jayasuriya?.

- You sure both Ratnayake's should be ahead of Malinga, even at this early stage of his career?

- What about SAR Silva as keeper instead of Kurrupu if you don't want Sangakkara to keep?

- In a hypotetical home test who would be your back-up spinner/spinners to Murali - Mendis or S De Silva?
    My All time test XI would be

Sidat Wettamuni, Marvan Atapattu, Kumar Sangakkara, Aravinda de Silva, Mahela Jayawardane, Arjuna Ranatunga (c), Brendon Kuruppu (wk), Ravi Ratnayake, Chaminda Vaas, Rumesh Ratnayake, Miuralitharan

I would replace Ranatunga with Mahadevan Sathasivam if pre-test players also included. Jayasuriya, Hashan Tillekaratne, Samaraweera, Gurusinghe and Malinga miss out.
    Hey whats your opinion on this SRI ATXI & this overall 16-man squad at this stage of your nations history?

Atapattu
    Jayasuriya
    Dias
    A De Silva
    Sangakkara+
    M Jayawardene
    Ranatunga*
    Vaas
    Muralitharan
    R Ratnayake/Mendis
    Malinga

others: Samaraweera, De Mel, S De Silva, Gurusinhe/Wettimuny, Herath.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…