• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Shady Slim
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You can just post it as a visitor message. I'm likely going to wait till the end of the 2 boxing day tests.

Also, for each category, number your nominations from 1 to 5, with the number one getting 5 points and so on. Whoever gets the most points for each category will win the award and ofc, if there are any ties, we will all discuss them on here and come to a conclusion. I'm looking to post up the awards around Jan 6th, so we should be done and dusted before that.
    Ok, so me you and RedHill will be the judges. These are the categories I propose:

CW Cricketer of the Year 2016 (performances across all formats)

And then best batsman, bowler and allrounder (includes keepers) awards for Tests, ODIs and T20s.

Best Prospect award (for any cricketer who has played international cricket this year below the age of 25. This doesn't just have to be based on performances and stats but also who we feel has the most to give in coming years)

Best Umpire

The best match award, I'm thinking we confine this to tests only as they take into account all the different skills required in cricket

Finally, team of the year
    Abbott is likely to replace Steyn in 2017 tests as he did in Australia recently, so Morkel is likely to play few tests at best (unless another pacer is injured). If you want Quint then i'd want Kohli from you and there wouldn't be much significant improvement in your team. Am willing to trade Khawaja/K Perera/Shoaib Malik/Zampa. Let me know if you are interested in any of these players.
    Williams (do Zim even play an international in 2017?).....dre russ (he only plays T20Is now and WI are scheduled to play less than 5 T20Is in 2017)... Steyn out for first half of 2017...I don't see Alzarri playing many games either. Morkel appears to be a standby and played a grand total of 8 international games in 2016 as compared to 14 by Morris.

Its unlikely that I would trade de kock as he was my first round pick and the fact that i had an option to choose either de kock or kohli and went with the former.
    Hey Shady...it appears that you are willing for multiple trade in the draft game. You do seem to have few passengers in your team who are unlikely to play many games (if any). I am willing to take one of those passengers along with Azhar Ali. Do let me know if you are willing to trade Azhar in which case I can let you know what players I can offer.
    Thank you. I have addressed this abomination, but it is important we are all vigilant in ensuring the great man's name isn't traduced.

Be alert, not alarmed.
    I think that you should just take your pick now Shady as Weldone has been missing for 3 days or so.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…