• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
kyear2
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hey sorry i missed this til just now. how would that work in a knockout tournament format?
    I can't really answer that one mate - I was always too busy salivating over his batting to spend too much time watching him in the field!

I do remember he had a very safe pair of hands, and of course he made catching look as easy as he did batting, but I don't ever recall him throwing himself around in the manner of some of the guys we've seen since his time
    Sorry, assumed that Macartney was a 20s player, but unfortunately he played more Tests before the war. There are not too many cricketers of any type left from the 20s I'm sorry to say. Percy Chapman (ENG captain) seems to be your only viable option.
    Looks like you need two players from the early eras. One from (1877-1899) and one from (1919-1928).

I would suggest you to drop Bill Johnston and go for Tom Richardson from (1877-1899) as the third seamer. From (1945-1954), you can select someone like Vijay Hazare. And, from (1919-1928), go for Herbie Collins.

01. Graham Gooch
    02. Eddie Barlow
    03. George Headley [C]
    04. Charles Macartney
    05. Herbie Collins
    06. AB De Villiers [+]
    07. Vijay Hazare
    08. Shane Warne
    09. Joel Garner
    10. Tom Richardson
    11. Wes Hall
    KIRKSLAND XI

01. Graham Gooch
    02. Eddie Barlow
    03. George Headley
    04. Charles Macartney
    05. Billy Murdoch
    06. AB De Villiers +
    07. George Hirst
    08. Shane Warne
    09. Joel Garner
    10. Bill Johnston
    11. Wes Hall

I'd go Billy Murdoch (1877 - 1892, first to score a double century) at No.5 and then George Hirst (1897 - 1909) at No.7. ABdV can keep wicket.
    Just had a look at 1945 to 1954 quicks. Bill Johnston is probably the best option from that decade I reckon.
    Hope that work has been more kind to you today. Camo has picked Grace and Clarke, so you're up kyear.
    That undertone should have nothing to do with how you judge him as a player. But still, what is it? I have heard he was singularly devoted to achieving his milestones. Given how much positive motivation it provided him, I actually think that's a great way to go about one's business. At least he wasn't abusing batsmen that he couldn't get out. I actually think Hadlee's devotion and work ethics is something that every young cricketer must learn from.
    Hey, I posted my old post in atg xi thread about Hadlee. I am curious what you think of it. One day I hope you will come around to appreciate that Hadlee is among best 3-4 fast bowlers ever and one of top 10 cricketers :D
    Thanks, would be mine as well.

It was during a conversation with Ankitj I believe on your VM
    I don't recall mentioning a 'Big 3' ? But I suppose it would be Bradman, Sobers, and Marshall if I I had to nominate 3 players.
    Roberts and Procter - got it one. I actually posted Roberts but then changed my mind as I have too much ground to make up and therefore have to appeal to sentiment. Bradman and Larwood in the same team is a good look. Also, I kind of feel that either Roberts or Procter will be stolen by Pothas as they are the last of the top-shelf quicks and didn't feel like missing out. I will probably go for an opener or a number 4 next round unless there is a compelling reason to pick another bowler.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…