• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
karan316
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Your best bet would be to send an email to moderators@ cricketweb.net; James should be able to sort something out for you.
    This isn't something we do unless there are very special circumstances, because it messes with the way old threads are displayed. If you have a special reason then contact James with it. If your reason is "I have no self control and don't want to be tempted into logging on again" or "I'm having a bit of a strop and want to make a grand exit", don't bother.
    Yes I agree though, I like Maxwell but hate Ab. But I can't deny the fact that A.B. and my cousin hav motivated me to cricket more than anyone else
    Hey mate, not sure what we are going to do now........if you haven;t seen the news he just died. Too upset to even think about anything right now. Keep an eye on the thread and we'll see whats happening.
    That would be most dishonorable, there'd be no one left to defend him if I did! Not much has been happening here lately though, good to see you back mate
    very sorry completely forgot I posted that if your still interested we play over in in Botany bay Enfield area but we play games all around tthat sort of area we play against teams chigwell loughton woodford hockerill etc we also go on a tour every year. Were reasonably friendly and give everyone a game.We've now got a good mixture of young and old and some very talented young players and some more experienced ones. we often help develop all cricketers. if your still interested try my email at jonathanf-s@hotmail.co.uk If you want to see our website Hadley Wood Green CC - Play-Cricket -
    I want to tell you about a game i play called E-Sim. It's a free to play browser based strategy game. It is web text based game that can be played on, every pc, smartphone etc.
    :
    Be a bussinessman, become Party Leader, Congressman, President or Militia Leader, be Journalist, be a rebel

India is occupied by Iran and we need new players to help fight off the invaders and defend our home land. Together we can hold of the Iran waves of assault. Iran has insulted our

traditions.Time to demand them to pay back their faults

Newbies Guide: Tutorial for new players

our channel: - If you need help, join to US chat channel.
    India channel
    add the nick you want and click "go"

contact us

vivek, soumo1989, Kate2,siddesh,

Join this game :

Help India! Jay Hind! xx
    Hey mate, what is the email address if I wanna drop an email to the mods? I sent something reg. a recent issue but I am not sure if it is to the right address..
    He is claimed to be superior because his record is vastly superior as it stands.

The problem with targeting Bradman alone is that he didn't play in a vacuum. If you want to fairly and objectively analyse inter-era comparisons you have to look at all players, that means the Hobbs, Huttons, Trumpers, McCabes etc etc.

The thing is, people posting stories about Bradman weren't just random anecdotes, they were telling you about how cricket was played in those days. Just as today, a scorecard doesn't necessarily tell you if a batsmen faced a top quality attack on a greentop, or a square turner, these stories are an integral part of telling you about how cricket was actually played. It's the only way we can compensate for having not watched Bradman (afaik only one person here has).
    Because, as I said, there was zero probability of an sensible discussion occuring.

In addition, is it Bradman you're talking about or all batsmen of his era generally? What about Hobbs, Hutton, Sutcliffe, Trumper et al, who are regarded as batsmen of the highest quality? You didn't talk about them nearly as much as you did Bradman, which led people to believe that you had an ulterior motive in creating a thread ostensibly about whether you can fairly compare between modern and past players when it looks very much like a Bradman thread.

Now, this business about "forcing the whole world to believe the myth" thing is exactly why people are not willing to respond positively. If you want them to be open minded, you have to be open minded in return. Especially when the weight of statistical evidence would appear to be against you.
    Hey mate.

Adamc is a poster on this site who very much shares your view point re: Bradman.

Drop him a Visitor Message and ask him about it. He's collecting some stats and he's thinking of making a thread. Let him know you're with him, because he's not sure if he should post it.

Cheers.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…