• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Teja.
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's just hard to imagine how many more Salams were either driven away or killed by this extremist mindset. How much would they have improved Pakistan if given the chance? Take Malala Yousafzai as another example. Instead of treating her as a national treasure that she is, many in Pakistan openly despise her and think she's a foreign agent set to malign Pakistan. I think it's absolutely tragic that a country that was founded to protect the rights of the minorities is now one of the biggest persecutors of minorities in the world. Jinnah, a devout secularist and a minority Shia himself, would be horrified at what Pakistan has turned out to be. The Prophet would be as well to know how Islam is being interpreted in Pakistan and the Muslim world at large.
    I don't mind answering at all. I actually enjoy discussions of theology. To answer your question, I go with view number 3 from your choices. I have always felt that it is not for me to judge anyone's beliefs. Whether it's the Ahmadis or the Shias, or any other sect of Islam, who am I to say if they're proper Muslims or not? I know that even I, who practices the majority Sunni-brand of Islam, would be labeled a heretic by ISIS or the Taliban because I don't subscribe to their strict (and twisted IMO) Wahabi version of the faith. The biggest shame I feel about Pakistan is how the country has failed to protect its minorities. As you mentioned, it's absolutely tragic how we treated a national hero in Abdus Salam. (cont)
    I've gone to a CW meet up before. Msg me when you're in town and I'll let you know if I'm down.
    Yeah I've heard but 't seeing as I don't speak a local language other than English I'm a bit wary of getting out there. I'll try the bars and clubs pretty soon!
    Haha tbf I doubt many have predicted more wrong than me over the years
    No, I wouldn't enjoy the bottom 80% of books. But your TV watching universe consists of what is effectively the top 0.5% of TV shows ever produced. SO within that universe, when you grade something a 5/10, it is a skewed scale that IMO doesn't really reflect the quality of the product. For example, if my reading universe consisted of King Lear and Old man and the sea (my favorite two works of literature), and then I read Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury, I'd give it about a 5/10 by comparison. But does that mean the Sound and the Fury is an average novel? **** no, I love that novel and still consider it one of the greatest English language novels of all time. Me saying that Sound and the Fury is 5/10 doesn't give a fair account of the quality of the novel - it's only that way because I've restricted by universe to include books that are of an absurdly high standard.
    I mean if you started off with "I am not a fan of books, TV or movies and I think this episode was 5/10", I think it would make more sense. Obviously this is all opinion so there is no right or wrong but I just can't fathom how anyone could watch that and say it was an average hour of television. I just can't.
    I didn't think that episode of the Sopranos was anything special - though of course I hold the series itself in extremely high regard. The Contest was pretty great but it was funny and pushing boundaries - but the writing wasn't spectacular. 5/10 implies that it was an average hour of television, but if you say you only watch about the top 1% of TV and within the top 1%, this was a 5/10, then it makes a little bit of sense, otherwise it's completely outside of my understanding. I do enjoy a lot of TV and books and the writing on this episode is better than 99% of TV. This wasn't as good as blackwater primarily because you are dealing with characters who haven't gotten as much screentime as the Kings Landing ones (and Dinklage and Lena Headey are amazing), but I thought the writing was equally good in both. Peter Vaughan stole his scene and Owen Teale was fantastic too.
    Haha I didn't notice don't worry. Wouldn't protest anyway as all my posts so far in that thread have just been bandwagon-jumps
    Where are you at in your degree btw mate? Hope its all going well. You'll change what you are thinking is your career avenue of choice post-uni about 10 times I reckon, lol.
    Just found what I wrote to you in your PM:

"I'm in a big firm lol.

I didn't warn you away from big firms. Just said that you can't expect to work for a big firm and earn enough to retire in 10 years."
    Hahaha you h0rny bastard.

Sopranos is awesome. Keep me updated as to what you think of each season.
    Let me put it this way. I have no doubt in my mind I have lost more money on the IPL than won.
    HAHAHAHAHHA! I saw that last night and thought of you. Amazing that you found that gif hahahah
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…