• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
kyear2
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• kyear! You came in after Pothas had made his pick, posted in another thread and haven't come back since :) Come on.
    Hi kyear. Pretty good team so far, and as good as any. Just curious as to why you preferred Wes Hall to Waqar Younis? Not that Lillee and Hall wouldn't make a formidable partnership.
    As a pure bowler I'd take McGrath over Hadlee (just) but Hadlee brings a lot to the team
    Was Imran but I think Hadlee balances an attack of Marshall and Lillee better than Imran.

Either fine though.
    Very interested to see who you are about to pick as it will probably determine what I do next.
    yeah but I have already said that it is ok if you consider him that good, I am not arguing on that :p

My only point is that I consider differences between the top tier fast bowlers as minimal. I see Marshall as a first among equals
    fair enough that you think he is so far ahead of the rest of the pack. But honestly, you will have a hard time convincing serious cricket lovers that Marshall was far ahead as a fast bowler than McGrath or Ambrose.
    I get your point. My only point was (and still is) that rationally it is difficult to explain Marshall as good a choice as either Bradman or Sobers. His case is not quite as strong as the other two. You can replace Marshall with McGrath or Ambrose and you wouldn't weaken the side quite as much. You take away Bradman or Sobers from an ATXI and your side starts to look weak. Do you get my point?
    Hey, just changed my signature to better reflect what I personally think is the Greatest ever XI. Feel free to put that team into the thread.
    Tell me about it mate! But thanks for trying, and if you ever do hear of a copy available do give me a shout
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…