• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
H
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• . . . cont

The issue with newer bats, however, is that being softer they are likely to dent in a more pronounced way. This is no problem really since after batting for considerable time, the dent, which is nothing more than a way to compress the bat a bit, becomes uniform across the face of the bat and plays very true.

If the dents on your bat are like that they may not cause any problem. Just bat in the nets and you will know. The dents are not going to cause any damage to your bat unless any chipping is actually visible where a severe blow is landed. So that should not, normally be your worry.

It is a month since you wrote so I suspect you may have already discovered that :o)

Happy batting

Swaranjeet

PS Its in 2 parts since there is a limit of 1000 words per message :o)
    Hi

I just saw your mail. I do not visit cricketweb nowadays hence the late response.

I get what you are saying but it is difficult to tell how much damage, if any, has been caused to the bat. So let me give you general advise which might help I think.

Bats, new ones, always get dents from batting.This has always been true. In fact, in earlier times when one had to break in bats over weeks, one actually hammered the bat with a cricket ball that had been fixed with a wooden stick which was "stabbed" through its centre to make a kind of cricket-ball-hammer. This made the bat more compressed, less likely to chip during batting and also brought out the 'drive' or 'throw' in the willow. Nowadays, in general, bats are made much softer and also compressed on machine and ready to use. No oiling although I strongly recommend some level of breaking in with the cricket ball in a sock or the cricket-ball-hammer as suggested before.

cont . . .
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…