• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
GIMH
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey mate, could you take a look at the best matches thread when you're free please?
    Hey bud, cheers yeah noticed just as soon as it was posted and has been irritating my eyes ever since. You don't happen to know if it's possible to amend?
    I’m sure you know that we don’t hand out infractions based on poll results. If that was the case, anyone who ever got infracted could easily open a thread and set up a poll to ask if it was deserved or not, while at the same time get into a heated debate with their adversary. I don’t think that’s very good model for how a forum should be run. You’ve talked with people who agree with you. I’m sure Benchmark can produce some members that disagree with you. One last thing – I’m not personally invested in the conflict between the two sides. I’m not trying to use my “paddle” or take sides. I have a single vote in the mod team. When I think someone’s in the wrong, I express my thoughts and vote for an infraction. It’s the same way for the other mods on the team. I think that system prevents heavy handed moderation and keeps out personal biases as much as possible. No one’s out to “get” Sledger, or any other member, I can assure you of that.
    So we’ve firmly established that you disagree with the Sledger infraction. Even though it’s not you who received the infraction, we’ve provided you an explanation for the infraction – that based on Sledger’s history with Benchmark and the fact that he was repeatedly told not to bait him, it was clear to us that the infraction was deserved. You disagree, fair enough, but it’s not going to change the outcome of that decision. The SD thread was only going to produce a heated argument between yourself (and whoever agrees with you) and Benchmark (and whoever agrees with him). That much should be clear to everyone. Hence, no reason to keep that thread open. I understand you’re upset about Sledger’s banning, I really am. Creating threads like those (or going after Benchmark in other ways) are not going to accomplish anything positive though.
    Until you pointed it out, I was under the mistaken impression it was a month. I've corrected the announcement. If Benchmark knew the correct length by hearing from the mod team, I don't see why that implies something unsavory. We often get contacted by people who are directly involved in an infraction and we do try to let then know what the outcome is. I know that I've personally done that for you as well.
    Oh, It's a joke how long it takes, and again with the long legs, It was incredibly northern in div 3 last year, lot better here, so will think about a few. In the end I'll only ever go by train where I can walk around, and drink, and go to the toilet, but that cost a bomb, and you can always get a ridiculously packed one, which negates those things.

Anyway off to bed now.

speak to you later,

PS did I ever tell you I used to report Sledger years ago?

on that bombshell
    Nah, I hate travelling, nowhere's ****ing close.

I keep on saying I will, but never get around to it, a young mans game...
    Yeah, the first plan was that everyone had to be all-seater within a certain time, which would have been a problem, particularly as we nearly went out of business anyway.

Nah, Big Bank, one of the few new terraces around.the gout is a little annoying, but I can't give up standing, and I'm too tall for ****ing seats anyway.
    Not the first time I've done that. Yeah talk of terraces is a red-herring, people clearly forgetting about Bradford, stadia weren't fit for purpose, at the time and the authorities, Police, Fa have blood on their hands. I remember the Taylor report coming out, and not being wildly happy, because there was talk that many clubs (including ours) may go out of business, trying to refurb. It did probably go to far originally but in retrospect I was being a one-eyed idiot.

Yeah, they've got it wrong, but as long as I don't get infracted I feel they understand the ticking heart of the forum.
    Mate, we obviously disagree about what his intention was with that post. To me, it's clear as day he was baiting. Since he was baiting (IMO and that of others in the mod team), then it was time for that infraction because Sledger had been told repeatedly to stop that behavior and he didn't. I’d rather not get into a back and forth debate here about the merits of the infraction though. As I said, it’s obvious we disagree on it and are unlikely to change each other’s mind on the subject.
    It was this thread he created which was quite clearly a bait in reference to this post from Benchmark. Considering the history between the two and the fact that Sledger had received numerous recent infractions/warnings to not bait Benchmark, we felt like we had no choice but to issue him the most recent infraction that pushed him over the edge.
    True enough. I think anyone would rather read the gentle banter marked as trolling than the stuff in that thread. Mind you, every post I make should probably be infracted for the avatar alone. :ph34r:
    If you'll excuse me, I must dash, got to head over to a certain thread and deny the existence of various atrocities.
    Haha, I thought the one about our favourite guy had been deleted. Should dig the thread imo.
    You're right, it absolutely doesn't excuse it. Just trying to find some sympathy for the moderators i guess, probably the wrong place to be looking for sympathy. Direst of dire opinions anyway, I'd rather noone had to read that tripe as well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…